Need help with jetting

My banshee has full fmf exhaust, k&n filters no air box, air screw 1.5 turns out 30 pilot jet, and 280 main. I'm having problems starting her cold and even when warm. When its cold I have the choke out all the way and she will fire up after about 10-20 kicks with no throttle. If I try to blip the throttle she bogs and dies. Eventually after 3-4 times she allows me to throttle and it idles nicely. Throttle response is okay. When I blip it fast it has lag revving up. It was worse before i swapped out the 25 pilots and put in the 30's. It was lean before and almost seems to still be lean on the pilot. She rides nice once she's warmed up. If I shut her down for 5-10 minutes I need to use the choke to start her again. Can I have my pilot screw half a turn out or do you think I need to go up a pilot size again? I'm getting rid of my pod filters and am getting a stock air box with k&n filter with no lid because of water issues I've posted on a different post. Hopefully this restricts a bit of the airflow that I'm guessing is the issue?

Check compression and reeds then clean the carbs like no other.

I've had the carbs out 5 times to jet and clean. Is there anything else to clean other than the main and pilot jet. I've installed brand new jets and made sure all holes were sprayed out with carb cleaner. They seem good. I have boysen reeds that have the the double flaps and they seem fine. Of course I wouldn't know what bad reeds looked like. The flaps are all closed under no flow and open nicely. I don't have a compression tester. 

Check compression and reeds then clean the carbs like no other.

second that, sound like she may be low on compression. Check this out if its not the issue possibly try turning a/f screws in to 1 turn out each. 30 pilots are usually as fat as you need to go in my experience.

second that, sound like she may be low on compression. Check this out if its not the issue possibly try turning a/f screws in to 1 turn out each. 30 pilots are usually as fat as you need to go in my experience.

I'll try turning the a/f screw in more and see if that helps. It almost seems as though one cylinder is not running. When I rev it up one exhaust pipe blows smoke and the other not as much. When I let off the throttle the other exhaust smokes more?

sounds like carbs are not synced properly and idle may be set higher on the side that smokes more at idle yet on the top of that carb its adjusted looser making it drag behind on throttle. With engine off press the throttle slightly and let off slowly, listen for a click made by the slides bottoming out. You should hear a single click from both carbs in unison if they aren't synced you will hear a double click when each carb hits the idle screw.

I've synced the carbs with the air intake removed. I adjusted till both slides moved at the same time.

sounds like carbs are not synced properly and idle may be set higher on the side that smokes more at idle yet on the top of that carb its adjusted looser making it drag behind on throttle. With engine off press the throttle slightly and let off slowly, listen for a click made by the slides bottoming out. You should hear a single click from both carbs in unison if they aren't synced you will hear a double click when each carb hits the idle screw.

Im thinking air leak then. Have you done a leakdown?

I don't have a leak down tester. Just today it fired up on the 2nd kick cold but i couldn't give it any throttle. As soon as i gave it throttle it bogged but didn't die. I let it idle with the choke fully out and after 20 seconds i could rev it up. Sounded good and both exhaust pipes were smoking. What is with the bogging when i first start it? My ktm 250sx doesn't do this. Is it common? Too much air?

The fact it idles with the choke on tells u major lean condition or bowls on wrong side like surf get a leak down b4 meltdown , you checked all the other bullshit like bowls and choke tube rite. Try moving carbs around by hand while it's idling see if it changes or exposes leak

The fact it idles with the choke on tells u major lean condition or bowls on wrong side like surf get a leak down b4 meltdown , you checked all the other bullshit like bowls and choke tube rite. Try moving carbs around by hand while it's idling see if it changes or exposes leak

It idles high with the choke on like it should. Its just that if I leave it for only 10min I have a hard time trying to start it without the choke. It idles perfect once warmed up with no choke. The plugs look a bit darker than they should but than that tells me its rich. I'm not sure what my next step will be. I'm waiting for my air box and k&n filter. Maybe this will help. I'll try turning the air screw in more as well.