Banshee reving high after going through water

Ok…..EVERYONE can do whatever you want. Free country.

I simply stated that I can ride around in some pretty serious shit with pods.

I've ridden in water deep enough to cover the tops of my boots. Granted, I'm not pinned in 4th gear…..but if your blasting through big puddles or large areas of standing water and you're doing it at high speed without knowing what lies beneath the surface…..well, good luck with that.

Now a couple of quick points - 

If your bike is bone stock…..run the air box with the lid..…who gives a crap.

If your bike has pipes….the air box lid will actually hinder performance. (In other words…jetting for lid off would need to be different than with lid on. If you can't feel the difference….than your jetting is off entirely)

If your bike has more mods….the box itself and the filter design begins to be an issue. (Even with the lid off)

If you have porting, stroke, big bore, aftermarket cylinders or any combo of those….the air box is a killer.

So I'm speaking from the perspective of having NOTHING in my stable of Banshees that makes less than 63HP. So if I run a box on anything…..all the mods are a waste.

If you have anything more than pipes…..the box is cutting into the power. If you are aware of that and don't care…..neither do I.  :shrugani:

Carry on boys.  :starwars:   :)

I've ridden in water deep enough to cover the tops of my boots. Granted, I'm not pinned in 4th gear…..but if your blasting through big puddles or large areas of standing water and you're doing it at high speed without knowing what lies beneath the surface…..well, good luck with that.

If your bike has pipes….the air box lid will actually hinder performance. (In other words…jetting for lid off would need to be different than with lid on. If you can't feel the difference….than your jetting is off entirely)

If your bike has more mods….the box itself and the filter design begins to be an issue. (Even with the lid off)

If you have porting, stroke, big bore, aftermarket cylinders or any combo of those….the air box is a killer.

So I'm speaking from the perspective of having NOTHING in my stable of Banshees that makes less than 63HP. So if I run a box on anything…..all the mods are a waste.

If you have anything more than pipes…..the box is cutting into the power. If you are aware of that and don't care…..neither do I.  :shrugani:

Carry on boys.  :starwars:   :)

I agree and I avoid the dreaded box at all costs because I know that it does kill power I mean you're choking the air flow considerably

If you have anything more than pipes…..the box is cutting into the power. If you are aware of that and don't care…..neither do I. :shrugani:

Carry on boys. :starwars::)

Me and my mates go through rivers and the depth almost covers the whole Tyre and we've never had issues though we use a k&n with a lid and no snorkel.

Hasn't anyone seen those videos on youtube where guys goes through rivers where the water literally is up to the seat?

All of my banshee's have been trail bikes and I have competed in quiet a few XC races on my old banshees. I ran stock air box with no lid and PD with K&N with outerwears and never had one issue with water and I have gotten my quad deep in river bottoms. You should be more than fine with the stock airbox with no lid. Just make sure you keep the drain plug screen clean so that water doesn't build up in your air box, seen this happen quiet a few times with kids not cleaning the screens.