choke help.

Hey.. new to the site.. great info.. anyways... . Have a 02 shee. Before carb rebuild bike started , idled but top end would bogg out n putt. Since I rebuilt carb... #1 bike won't start without a starting aid (starter fluid,carb cleaner etc) once started it will not run without choke on. Tried warming it up etc etc still nothing. As soon as I put choke in it dies 30secs later. HELP me! Tryin to get ready for the season!

verify what jets you have but yes i would assume its most likely lean, check pilot size and main jet size and where the clip on the needle is at. Also list what your altitude is and what has been done to it. What pipes, porting, stock or milled head or dome size if cool head and style of air filters. If stock box whether it has the lid on with snorkel, lid on without snorkel., lid off entirely or pod filters. 

personally i wouldnt run a banshee at 50:1 at at a minimum 40:1 using a high quality 2 cycle oil. Was this the ratio you have always ran in it, did it ever run right while using this ratio? did the previous owner tell you to run this ratio? With the airbox on and the ratio of oil your running I would have to say at normal temps its very rich on the main and needle. being that you said it was 15 deg F then your probably about right for winter riding in the main area. Is there a reason you looked at the main jet size but not the pilot when they are a few millimeters away? most low end bogs are usually too small of a pilot or maladjusted air/fuel screws. try setting your air/fuel screws at around 1.5 out and verify what pilot your using. your needle could be a tad rich also on stock carbs it seems that 3rd position seems to work well in almost every application. It may not smoke much at all even when jetted properly due to such a thin oil/gas mixture