Misfire question?

89mustang

honestly i havnt installed vf4's I had jeff at fast do this with my build, so i dont have much advice other then look over the mating surfaces make sure they are nice and flat and make sure there is no left over gasket on the cylinder. Inspect the gaskets for tears and such. I would think some rtv would be fine if needed to get a seal but ive never had to use it in this area personally

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got it all sealed up. It held 6 psi for 10 minutes. I installed the the 30 pilot and 340 main left the needle on the middle clip. Put everything back together. It idles good, but the throttle reponse doesn't seem like it snappy. Could it be the rings aren't seated yet? I'm going to re-torque everything in the morning. Sorry for the Delayed reponse life's been getting in the way haha

Have you tried adjusting the A/F screws to see if that helped throttle response? what are they set at now?

340 seems pretty rich for your bike. The 300 you had in should have put you pretty close depending on outside temperature.

What was your compression with those 20cc domes?

What type of fuel are you running?

I've played with the air fuel screws. I have them set at a half turn out.

The 340's were recommended by Jeff from fast. As a starting point for cold weather

160# in both cylinders

Fresh 93 mixed at 32:1 with maxima 927 oil

I would back them out more.

It's fixed took it to my neighbors he gave me a hand. It ended up being the parking break being disconnected from the handle bar connection. It runs sweet just gotta fine tune it and put the tors delete on

unplug that switch at the connector

It doesn't run right with out the parking brake switch plugged in. It was unplugged we were checking the wires buy the stator. Revving it then he grabbed it pushed the sensor in and it started running good

That means that wire is grounding out somewhere