left cylinder problems.

2005shee

okay my banshee is an 05 only performance things are toomeys and a K AND N, airbox lid off and wiseco pistons. its acting funny, at idle the right side idles higher then the left and warms up much quicker like the right pipe will be too hot to touch but I can grab the left one. when completely cold like first time starting for the day sometimes when I pull out the left cylinder acts like its not even firing, no smoke comes out but only when I take off sometimes, also I can feel when driving slow the left cylinders power will kick in and out and it will jerk but again only when cold. once warm it pulls great its fast as crap but still the left side idles lower. ive changed plugs switched wires and no matter what same results, any ideas? also compression on cylinders is within 2 psi of each other, the left one being 116 and the right being 118.

no tors, havent done a leakdown test, reeds don't show anything noticeable but have not formally checked them. carbs were synced last week. haven't checked electrical either but I figured since even when I switched the plug wires it did the same thing it wouldn't be electrical, could it still have something to do with it?

Clean your carbs very well then try it again. That is the first thing to try if it is still doing it after that then you can check things from their. 

quick question whats a good starting place for the a/f? 1.5?

yep 1.5 is a good starting point and make sure they are both the same. if you adjust one, adjust the other to the same specs.

well I got em off and cleaned and went to make sure they were synced and I got them level but when I touch the throttle the right ones immediate but it comes up about an 1/8th of an inch before the left and it does it no matter how much I adjust the left side. could it be a worn throttle cable or just loose? pretty sure this is my problem.

If the big ugly TORS boxes have been removed from the top of the carbs, then you have 2 separate adjustments to sync the carbs. The brass screws with the jam nuts on the sides of the carbs are to adjust the idle sync. The cable adjusters on top of the carbs need to be adjusted with the throttle partly open, to get the slides to move in sync. You need a carb sync gauge to sync them properly.

if what star said only changes idle then then there is another adjustment On the tors, where the throttle cables goes into them, there is 2 nuts. You will have to loosen the one closest to the tors block (jam nut) then screw out the one nearest the cable out to adjust the play out of that  cable on the carb thats falling behind on open. Do this until both slides move at the same time then re-tighten the jam nut so it doesn't vibrate back out.