Cascade clutch cover insert.

johnzboy

Just ordered there insert with the orings. I called them and asked how big of hole can I cut in the clutch cover for adjustments. They did not know...... can someone tell me. I can go ahead and cut the hole and finish the motor this weekend and install in the frame. Thanks

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I don't think that's how it works. If I'm reading this right, you want to cut your own cover and just get a insert with an oring? What piece did you buy? Do you have pics of this stuff?

that is how it works, cut your own cover behind where the clutch insert goes to allow access to inside when you remove the insert. so you don't have to remove the whole cover for clutch access. that said it will probably only allow for clutch adjustment, doubt the whole basket or clutch pack will fit thru the access hole.

that is how it works, cut your own cover behind where the clutch insert goes to allow access to inside when you remove the insert. so you don't have to remove the whole cover for clutch access.

Who sells this? All I've seen are lock out covers, and covers done by Hinson. Never a cover cut by someone and use a cover you can get somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

must be fairly common, i needed a clutch cover for my bros bike to go riding that weekend so we stopped by rattlecan ray's pole barn and he had a pile of them to pick from and several where already cut out like that.

only really allows access to the clutch adjuster screw or clutch springs nothing as convenient as a lockout cover

whats to know? you cut a hole in your old cover under where the insert is. then with an insert with a rubber gasket you can seal it up. its not rocket science lol. not even sure why people do it to begin with, you shouldnt need to adjsut your clutch from there often anyways.

I'm assuming he is talking about removing the insert and cutting a 3 inch round hole behind the insert. Cover the hole with the insert. I have 2 like this and it doesn't help out with anything other than package adjustment.

exactly

whats to know? you cut a hole in your old cover under where the insert is. then with an insert with a rubber gasket you can seal it up. its not rocket science lol. not even sure why people do it to begin with, you shouldnt need to adjsut your clutch from there often anyways.

well your telling me about this kit that someone sells. That you've seen a bunch of. That's not a lockout. But you don't know who makes it or where to get. I understand how it would be done. Only ones I've seen are lock out, Hinson, and the one some guy was making on his own with a plexiglass cover