Under the seat fuel storage

ban99

I must say though, under load you will have fuel rush away from they baffle. It will go to the rear of the tank and your sump is on the front...... A pump might be a good idea. Feed the OEM tank from the new aluminum one. Add a barb in the OEM tank to make an over flow line back to the aluminum tank. Then you don't have to mess with the pump modifications on the carbs.

Ultimately if you can get your sump at the rear then rout the lines it will be way better. Remember if these things run out of fuel they can burn down.

I must say though, under load you will have fuel rush away from they baffle. It will go to the rear of the tank and your sump is on the front...... A pump might be a good idea. Feed the OEM tank from the new aluminum one.

I get what your saying but the sump I built is 3/4 enclosed at the back side of the sump. Unless you tip the bike strait up it will not surge out, even then it won't completely empty out. As for running the bike out of fuel and burning it up I agree, but it is no different than running the stock tank down to reserve, you have to know when to shut things down.

There's always gonna be some kinda issues. But I like the setup. Sounds like you've done your homework. Enough for me anyway. When's mine gettin here?

As confident as I am of the set up it might be wise for me to run a few tanks through it before selling them. Also Im sure I can get the capacity up to at least two gallons.

You say you have no issues with filters hitting it and it sounds like you have been running it.

Got pictures of it together?

No pictures of it set up right now. I loaned my carbs, intakes and filters out. I'll have them back

shortly after Prez. Weekend. ... Speaking of which, are any of you guys going to Glamis for the weekend?

I mocked the tank up based on where I had my tool box placed so I should have approx. 1.5" between the front of the tank and the air filter.

Hey ban what size carbs and filters? This would be great on bigger motors like my dm for extra mileage. Not sure how it would fit with 41pwks, filters and thicker stinger tubes though

I'm running 35 pwk's and this is the reason for doing the extra tank. I've run out of fuel twice while coming back from the sand drags.

Ill be in glamis for president' s day weekend pad 1 1/2 or gecko. Id like to see this set up in person.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk[/quote

I get to do the factory rider thing this trip and fly in, borrow my brothers extra banshee, and then get dumped off at the airport without any of the cleanup. So unfortunately I will not have the tank with me. We are going to buttercup but are planning day trip up there.

I want a gas can to mount where you have that tank. I would just assume have the spare gas can and have to stop and fill up I think. It's a great idea, I'm just a little sketchy because of some of the very long, low speed hills we ride on. Something like that as just a gas can that can quickly and easily be removed would be an epic win in my book. I would buy a couple of them lol