Fatty fatty 2x4

JasonsBanshee

I’m wondering how much body weight really affects 300ft times.  I see people running drag cut wheels where there’s no way they are cutting out even a ¼ pound.  I went through a cut about 10 unused brackets from my frame, but all of these brackets were a total of maybe ¼ pound.  I did it for cosmetic reasons, but I know some do it to reduce weight.  Like most people, I’m watching what I eat and trying to shed a few pounds.  In 2006 I was at 168.  A few days ago I decided to get back on track and lose some weight and when I weighed in I was at 250 pounds.  Hey, what can I say, I like my BBQ ribs and pork chops!  Anyway, I’m going to lose this weight again and we’re talking about some real weight, not just a few pounds by cutting brackets off the frame or drag cutting some wheels.  I’m planning on getting back to my weight that I was in 2006.  That’s 82 pounds.  I know in the ¼ mile drag racing world (cars) they say for every 100 pounds reduced you can improve your ETA by 0.1   I would imagine on a Banshee and not being very torquey by nature of being a two stroke, 80 pounds would make a huge difference.  What do you guys thing?  If it matters, I’m on a 100hp(ish) Cub.

There's a huge difference in cutting rotating weight vs static weight.

X2

Just to add, about 100 lbs.= .10 et reduction static & it's 10 rotational for the same drop. That applies for a vehicle around 3,000 lbs. As the vehicle gets way lower in weight, like a quad. The ratio changes, for us we found around 40 lbs. static weight reduces ET around .10. That was for 300'. I laugh because this shit gets confusing.  Distance also plays a factor with the ratio.

100 lbs makes a huge difference. It is sort of a sliding scale like they said where a slow bike will see more gain than a bike already running good times. Same with HP a 10hp difference on a 50hp bike is huge but 10hp on a bike making 110 already will be just a tad quicker. I see plenty of heavy bikes that are quick as hell.