First banshee. What to check out before season

Kenny907

Well, I finally broke in and picked up a banshee. I got it last night and am curious in what I can do with it before season. I'm planning on oil change. Clean air filter. Compression test and leak test. Not really looking into adding anything to it, more or less just make sure I maintain the health of the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well, I finally broke in and picked up a banshee. I got it last night and am curious in what I can do with it before season. I'm planning on oil change. Clean air filter. Compression test and leak test. Not really looking into adding anything to it, more or less just make sure I maintain the health of the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Def check which jets are in the carbs, if its anything like the indiana weather, it might run fine now but by the time warmer riding season comes around you will be changing those quick. I would go ahead and stock up on a few sizes smaller than what is currently in it for when it warms up. Throw a new plug in it and one thing I usually do if I buy a quad off craigslist is drain the gas tank out. I never trust what octane fuel the previous owner might have used knowing they are getting ready to sell it or if the quad set for a period of time and feel better knowing i'm pushing the correct and fresh fuel through it. Other than those couple of things and the items listed above, good luck and have fun. You might not be looking to add anything to it yet but the urge (addiction) will come soon so get the wallet ready.

Shawn

Def check which jets are in the carbs, if its anything like the indiana weather, it might run fine now but by the time warmer riding season comes around you will be changing those quick. I would go ahead and stock up on a few sizes smaller than what is currently in it for when it warms up. Throw a new plug in it and one thing I usually do if I buy a quad off craigslist is drain the gas tank out. I never trust what octane fuel the previous owner might have used knowing they are getting ready to sell it or if the quad set for a period of time and feel better knowing i'm pushing the correct and fresh fuel through it. Other than those couple of things and the items listed above, good luck and have fun. You might not be looking to add anything to it yet but the urge (addiction) will come soon so get the wallet ready.

Shawn

I live in Indiana too the whether make 2 stokes hard to keep jetted

Damn right I ride a yamaha

Before you buy any jets, find out what you have, list ALL known modifications, elevation and temps you will ride at, and someone will make sure you are close.

Support bike under engine @ frame, wheels off ground. Check front suspension and wheel brgs., check swing arm, shock linkage, carrier brgs.

Check/lube all cables, chain, grease arms, maybe swinger.

Jetting for weather ain't that hard. From perfect jetting, add or subtract one size for every 20*f change, Micuni carb, plug check/chop to confirm.

I know jetting isnt that hard. I mentioned the Indiana weather comment because temperature changes extremes. Last week we had days were it was high 30's and then hung around the single digits the first of this week and then woke up this morning to -14. Supposed to be back in the twenties next week. That's what me and hursty mean by making jetting hard cause we are constantly doing it do to weather changes being so uneven.