Radiator fluid flowing to overflow

02Bansheeee

I topped off the radiator fluid in the radiator and filled the overflow to where is says "lower". I rode it for about 10-15 minutes and the radiator had lost a lot of fluid while the overflow gained a lot, just above "higher". What is causing this? I just did a rebuild by the way. & after that ride I also noticed some radiator fluid bubbling around the stud threads (#7,9) but there is no signs of leakage around the head gasket, I'm gonna take it to a shop to re-tap the holes and fix that stud problem but that doesn't explain why a lot of radiator fluid is moving to the overflow.

well obviously a full radiator and over flow is to much fulid. heat builds the radiator reaches above 210 witch is going to cause coolant to steam and expand and going to fill the  over flow and psh out the excess that is not need. in my expeirince the radiator ussaully only holds about 3/4 of fluid not full. as for your studscheck the tourque onthem suppose to do that after rebuild or reaseambly i have had a simialr probleom where i didnt get hose clamp tight enough and fluid ran down on to head and sat in stud contour.

could be the water pump could  or leaking head gasket ,   is it a stock head ?  Take the rad cap off and start it  . see if wants to blow fluid out like a gyser .   It should be circulating but nut bubbling . if it wants to blow out  or has bubbles out then you have a head gasket or o ring issue .   fill your rad just above the fins and not all the way to the top ,