Badlands April 19th - Roll call (WINDYCITYJOHN400 tour)

Shit i got a little comfortable because it was running and did'didn't think about the little things like running a few heat cycles on the motor, putting plastic back on, cleaning air filters, bleeding the damn brakes. I didnt think id ever get them bleed, was starting to panic since I have to go into work tonight. Anyway here is the final product. Frame didn't come out the way I wanted it to but oh well its straight. 10290200_10101045404967134_24910939895841609787_10101045405231604_85080174291012

Did anyone note what a perfect day it was?

SO MUCH FUN

SO MUCH SUN

Day was very perfect. Wish I would have got a few hours sleep before. Got there at open and took off at 1:30pm. Used 4 gallons of fuel, Id say my machine is broke in. Looks like I need a new front break diaphragm, two clutch cover bolts, new threads for on one of my footpegs. Not all that bad considering.  Nice to see everyone.

Good to see everyone, the wife and I got mudded the F out, had a ball.  

I led her thru the trails on the 80, got quite a bit of looks smashing thru the woops and mud on it haha.  

We then went to West Lafeyette and partied at Purdue for the night, we had a great friggen weekend, finished it up with family easter sunday where I rode the 80 some more!

I didn't see it till it was time to wash the machine….but I broke the shit outta my swing arm!

3 big cracks. One on each main tube and the main carrier tube was Blasted!

It was 1 1/2" of metal away from the entire axle just flying off.

I don't know how I survived the weekend.

Glad we didn't do that "Last Rip Around" before we left.

I think my shocks are TOO GOOD. I don't know how I break a chromoly swing arm and not end up with broken ankles….or at least some kind of feedback to let me know something that severe happened.

Time for a fully braced MX version.

I didn't see it till it was time to wash the machine….but I broke the shit outta my swing arm!

I think my shocks are TOO GOOD. I don't know how I break a chromoly swing arm and not end up with broken ankles….or at least some kind of feedback to let me know something that severe happened.

Damn that's crazy... They call it the BADLANDS for a reason, place is tough on shit. 

John, I am feeling pretty lucky about now.............

Get a full skid plate for your next arm on that thing.

Nothing HIT the arm. It cracked from FORCE! (I ride hard core don't you know)  :headbang:

Didn't taco a brake rotor or sprocket at all. Not even a little flat spot.

I HATE skid plates. They are just dustpan/funnels to feed shit into your chain. You get in some of that deep pea gravel at the Badlands…..watch that skid plate feed it all into your chain guide. Then when the chain links are full of gravel, the sprocket teeth have nowhere to go. Nate just about ruined a set of cases that way.

I'd rather do one of JD's sprocket/rotor guards. But i have nice Lonestar Billet drive/brake hubs…….

• Like 1

Pics of swing arm ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk