Camber Help

tkiss1

Hey everyone,

I just purchased my first quad, its a 2000 Banshee.

The right wheel has a lot of negative camber which I cant figure our why. I have searched online and stock a arms can not be adjusted.

A lot of people were saying spindle or hub but I cant see it being bent to give it negative camber.

I was wondering if anyone sees anything in these pictures perhaps or can give me some pointers how to rule out certain parts so I purchase only the part that needs to fix this issue.

I noticed the lower arm has a little ding in it but if its bent up it should give it positive camber and not negative so I cant see it being that.

Thank you all in advance for any help

post-46995-0-99574800-1388699729_thumb.jpg

^^^ Agreed. Not the right length shock. Also, the bushings may be worn allowing the arms to not be placed correctly.

There is ALWAYS a way to bent a Banshee front end to end up with somethings way off. 

It's definitely sitting too high because of wrong shocks. Take the shocks out, lower it down to a respectable height and then go after it with a level and start checking things. adjust the pressure in the rear tires to get the frame level and then go from there. You may find that the left side actually has too much positive camber when it's sitting at the correct height. Could be bent spindle or bent upper control arm. The upper control arms are pretty weak. Worst case, it could be a bent frame.

Edited by Starwriter

oh man thank you guys for the quick responses. Im not sure what factory height is but Im sure I can lower it a little and see.

Im also not sure what "stock" camber is supposed to be.

The upper bushings are worn out on both sides but it still doesn't move as much to correct the camber.

Those look like stock arms. Def not the shocks. Looks to have twin piston brake calipers on it. Prob from a Yfz. That's cool. I'd do what everybody else is saying. Either get some stock shocks, or maybe get some cheap pipe and measure and cut it the right length and drill some holes in the ends. Put it in place of the shocks and look it over. I'm thinkin the a arms are prob jacked up. Maybe not. Then maybe if the shocks you have are worth a crap you could get some aftermarket long travel arms to match up to those shocks. Just a thought.

• Like 1

Im uploaded the pics to photobucket originally but this forum doesn't allow me to copy and paste links in the replys or IMG urls.

The measurement was off the bike while I pulled the front end up as much as it would flex.

Looking closer it looks like the right side spindle where the ball joint mounts is bent down compared to the left side. Which would pull the top of the wheel closer .

Wish I could upload larger pictures or links.