Rockets or shearers if's for 421

uman1030

Who's whining? I'm not down 7 HP from what MY pipe "Designer" promised me.

Does your motor make 90+ HP ?

I'm sure anyone with a stock cylinder based 4 mill who was looking forward to maybe the Sniper pipe being a great pipe for them….might think differently once they hear they need 90+ HP for the pipe to even work right.

(That eliminates MOST site members bikes. INCLUDING 4 MILL CLEAN-UP PORT CUBS/SERVALS) :o

It's supposed to. But I don't tune for shit, and haven't had a dyno close until recently. Hopefully ill find out this spring with everybody else.

You know I really don't give a shit right? Today I'm sick and medicated. I just like to see your 3 page replies to short questions. Giving me something to do while I lay on the couch.

Why do people charge so much for rockets? What's special about them....seems the dyno sheets aren't great, well maybe good on low end, but elsewhere not good. Am I missing something?

One dyno sheet on one motor.....now there junk.....you ppl make me laugh.

I never said they were junk in my post did I? I'm just curious as to why they're always so much.

This part. I'm not hatin either. I got nothing against them, just never really got it either. I'm sure they're as nice as anything else. Just never saw a reason to give twice what other used pipes are getting.

I've seen plenty of dyno sheets on them. And also heard from two builders on them. I never said they were junk in my post did I? I'm just curious as to why they're always so much. Always have been. Some people have great luck.

Limited quantity + hype = $$$$$

They are a bitchin pipe for trails if you have a more "aggressive/dune" type motor that you still want to lug around. I just find they have an early sign off point and that was supposed to be fixed with the R2....... Not convinced it was the right thing to do. I'm debating cutting mine up or not to switch stinger diameter and the end of the cone.

It all depends on what you want out of the bike.. 

If you want it coming on strong off the bottom but signing off early up top, go with Rockets.

If you want to lose a little on the bottom but want it pulling longer on top, go with Shearer.

For MX and trails, I would opt for Rockets.

For open dunes, I would opt for Shearer.

There's a chance that Sniper may be the best pipe for that motor, but we haven't done the testing on a 4mm Serval yet.

x

bingo. its about how the bike feels to you and does want you want. a friend of mine has ran cpis and shearers on his 421 cub and while he feels the shearers pull decently harder on the topend he likes the cpis for playing on the dunes with a fatter midrange.

i run r2s which are one of.the more hated pipes because i love how they feel. i can trail ride "off the pipe". suits what i do with it.