4Mil Serval Cub air box/filter questions

uman1030

Aluminum open airbox setup with pods and outerwears for me. Breathes good and protects good enough from underneath and the sides to where im not worried about puddles or anything.

Sorry, that set-up kills power on motors like his.

Also not the best set-up for really wet conditions.

If it'd make you sleep better you can easily fab a splash guard to fit under your pods . That'll protect them from all but the deepest mud puddles. Those aluminum air boxes are junk. You can also run a stock air box with a kn filter and proflow and mod the crap out of it. Either option is better that those aluminum airboxes.

Definitely not better then an aluminum air box...Lmao your saying the shitty ass plastic is better? I've had them modded out with pro flow and whatnot and they blow in every way. Not every1 dunes and drags there banshee only. Alot of us can't run open pods. My aluminum holds pods and acts as a good splash shield which is why I wanted mainly and its easy as hell to remove compared to stock.

Definitely not better then an aluminum air box...Lmao your saying the shitty ass plastic is better? I've had them modded out with pro flow and whatnot and they blow in every way. Not every1 dunes and drags there banshee only. Alot of us can't run open pods. My aluminum holds pods and acts as a good splash shield which is why I wanted mainly and its easy as hell to remove compared to stock.

<br /><br /> Yep. The stocker IS definitely better than the cfm one. But whatever blows your skirt up.

Yes, SPRINKLERMAN is correct. That Aluminum set-up robs upwards of 15HP. Don't believe me?……Ask NICKISGOD. He learned it the hard way when we were dyno tuning his F.A.S.T. built 485 cheetah bike. We did all the tuning with just pods right on the carbs. Then once it was all dialed in we had him put his air box back on. MAJOR drop in power. He sold that thing real quick.

Then you can ask TURBOFIREHEAD???? (Site member from Wisconson) He came down and got his stuff all dyno tuned. He was told to ditch that Aluminum air box and didn't….then proceeded to go on a trip and the air box got dunked and that motor nearly hydro-locked. Trashed his top end and he had to learn that lesson the hard way.

But if your happy….that's fine. But it doesn't make the facts invalid. On a 421-465 Serval….ANY air box is going to rob the power you paid good money to get.

I don't get why some of you guys wanna mud bog with your banshee. I understand that sometimes you gotta go through some water and or mud but you don't gotta go through it at 50mph. IMO pods is the way to go and if your still worried about it do what the others said and make a little water flap. Your gonna loose out on power with either box

Ebay….where all the crappy banshee ideas go to die.

• Like 1

On the bigger engine bikes I guess I could see that but for a trail bike I doubt it'll be a loss with like a cfm box. I felt a difference first hand when making the switch but I did have to re tune the carbs to get it to run best with it though ofcourse, it seemed to help with my bottom end a lot and transition from low to mid. With where I ride I will never run open pods and if I do it will be with outwears and a splash guard under it at the least.

On the bigger engine bikes I guess I could see that but for a trail bike I doubt it'll be a loss with like a cfm box. I felt a difference first hand when making the switch but I did have to re tune the carbs to get it to run best with it though ofcourse, it seemed to help with my bottom end a lot and transition from low to mid. With where I ride I will never run open pods and if I do it will be with outwears and a splash guard under it at the least.

<br />I tested it on my 350 cc trail bike. -3hp vs a stock air box with your standard k&n. Why spend $100.00 on something that reduces hp?