4Mil Serval Cub air box/filter questions

uman1030

That's crazy, but did you retune to each setup and I'm curious to where the HP was lost. Might have gained elsewhere.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

No. you don't GAIN power by adding any kind of airbox. The long tubes of that aluminum model kill the airflow even though they are big and straight.

Well I tried using some straight PVC pipe to move my filters back for better clearance from some CPI In-frames I had. Turns out just doing that made enough difference that I ended up running 1 smaller tooth on the front sprocket to get my bottom end back.

But what the hell......why listen to me? I only dyno the fuck out of everything, then pass on the results for free. I'm sure your butt and pre determined opinion can convince you your right.

I on the other hand tried what your doing and actually tested it. Results?.......NICKISGOD'S motor went from 95HP to (if I recall) 81HP just by adding that box. It's just 2 fucking tubes....so you explain it.....

Similar result with my 472 Cheetah that had extension tubes. SPRINKLERMAN saw hp loss on a smaller motor in testing......

But I'm sure your right. After all, I'm all jaded from my negative testing results and your still positive since you have not done all this testing.

I tend to forget how much power there is in optimism. Don't let me crush your hopes.Run that box boiiiii.

No the airbox has a drain in it. I doubt many people ride in shit nastier then i do on here. I will take a 1-3 hp loss for added engine protection and keeping filters cleaner any day if thats the case anyways. i believe it might be dumb on bigger bikes but stock strokes, idno. and john quit getting those panties in a bunch so fast. Never seen somebody get so defensive on their info...thought the vf4 discussion was bad enough.

No the airbox has a drain in it. I doubt many people ride in shit nastier then i do on here. I will take a 1-3 hp loss for added engine protection and keeping filters cleaner any day if thats the case anyways. i believe it might be dumb on bigger bikes but stock strokes, idno. and john quit getting those panties in a bunch so fast. Never seen somebody get so defensive on their info...thought the vf4 discussion was bad enough.

You seem to be carefully ignoring the fact that a STOCK box (which most people already have for free) allows more HP than the CFM box. And it wasn't 1-3 hp. It was a solid 3hp throughout. 3hp on a 40-50hp bike is no small percentage. ..plus you wasted 100.00 or more on it. Plus the stock box offers all the protection (if not more) of the CFM. I'm not dogging your bike, just posting this info so other riders don't waste money unnecessarily.

I see what your saying I was thinking you were comparing air box vs pods on the stock stroke. One of the big reason I made the switch was I hated the stock box fitment. It was a pain in the ass to to remove and install. That and I liked being able to run 2 small pods in the box. I might try to somehow mod the stock box and do a comparison.

Yes, yes...you ride in crazier conditions than ANYONE ELSE on the entire site. Your ride gear consists of a dry suit and repelling harnesses.

Your skid plate is made from the hull of a jetski.

Google earth can't locate your ride spot because the ride terrain is too rough for the satellite camera to get a clear stable image. When your done riding you wash your quad down before you leave so you don't risk exposing the rest of civilization to the undiscovered germs, bacteria and invasive plants from your highly challanging and exotic ride spot. Your wingman when your out riding is Aquaman. Your typical ride spots are so wet and muddy, that simply powersliding into a corner has been know to cause Tsunamis. The Coastguard requires you to run a hull number and list your port of call on the back of your seat. Your quad has a tow strap....for wakeboarders.Your ride gloves are webbed. Goggles and tear offs are a joke...after years of riding you have just developed an additional clear eyelid.

Your the most interesting ATV rider in the world.

As for your defensive comment.....listen, I don't care what you run. But don't talk our your ass and say your cfm box must be better than stock plastic box when 2-3 different people are on here sharing REAL WORLD results from actual testing they did.

If you wanna give up power for whatever your reason....FINE. But don't presume your assumptions about how a product works trumps the facts. Your insistent that a cfm airbox will flow better than a stock box. You couldn't be more wrong.

• Like 1

Like I said panties in a bunch. You like to blow shit out of proportion dont you. That's why I see your name everywhere on this site where an argument is to be made. I said then many people on here and you go all fucking full retard? I ride in Virginia, west Virginia area mostly which gets nasty as hell where I ride. Good job on your useless story of whatever hey let's be a jabber jaw blow shit out of proportion shit talker. I can see why you were almost banned. I'm just trying to have a discussion and you obviously can't handle it.

Yes, yes...you ride in crazier conditions than ANYONE ELSE on the entire site. Your ride gear consists of a dry suit and repelling harnesses.

Your skid plate is made from the hull of a jetski.

Google earth can't locate your ride spot because the ride terrain is too rough for the satellite camera to get a clear stable image. When your done riding you wash your quad down before you leave so you don't risk exposing the rest of civilization to the undiscovered germs, bacteria and invasive plants from your highly challanging and exotic ride spot. Your wingman when your out riding is Aquaman. Your typical ride spots are so wet and muddy, that simply powersliding into a corner has been know to cause Tsunamis. The Coastguard requires you to run a hull number and list your port of call on the back of your seat. Your quad has a tow strap....for wakeboarders.Your ride gloves are webbed. Goggles and tear offs are a joke...after years of riding you have just developed an additional clear eyelid.

Your the most interesting ATV rider in the world.

As for your defensive comment.....listen, I don't care what you run. But don't talk our your ass and say your cfm box must be better than stock plastic box when 2-3 different people are on here sharing REAL WORLD results from actual testing they did.

If you wanna give up power for whatever your reason....FINE. But don't presume your assumptions about how a product works trumps the facts. Your insistent that a cfm airbox will flow better than a stock box. You couldn't be more wrong.

DAMNN!!!!!! windy just shut you down!

Makes sense now why most people on here dont like him...now I know first hand after all this time.

I'm ranked 5th for most liked comments. So once again.....you couldn't be more wrong.

• Like 3