Noss Machine Cool Head And 20cc Domes

bignasty1

since this old review i did got deleted i am still prety sure theres allot of ppl wanting to learn more about these great products so i am posting it again.

i ordered my noss machine cool head and domes from www.nossmachine.com their service was some of the best service and quickest to answer my questions out of any other company i have worked with b4. and there are ass loads of ppl on here that will agree.

there are many styles of the heads to choose from compared to other company's out there i chose a clean looking non anodized modle with 20cc domes. on this model you have to change out your studs but its no biggie at all. they also sell modles that you dont have to change the studs out and that come in variety of colors.

well the instalation part only took a few minutes and was a breeze every thing was machined perfectly and all parts showed up promptly not all dinged up or looking like they have been dropped or anything. and once installed the head looked pretty damn sweet. after the install its been a few months and no leaks or anything like that just great looks and awsome perfomance gains.

performance wise i could have asked for more. upping my compression has gave my bike a nice hit all the way through the power band and gave it allot more low end power. the more power made the bike much much easier to ride since there wasnt as much of a wait for the power to come on strong. this mod would actually be my first mod i would do to a stock bike over pipes. since it gives you loads of power every where and cost half as much as a set of nice pipes. well worth the cash i had to give for it and i recomend it to every one. if you have any questions dlnoss on these forums would be more than happy to help you. l8ter if you have any questions just ask and i will more than happy to answer ya and give you what info i can.l8ter blake

im behind ya bignasty my noss head is the shit. i switched it out for a pro design. looks 100% badder than the p/d. compression = power. i went from 21cc domes to 20's and was real surprised with the results. there was alot of gain in 1 cc. i would have never believed it if someone had told me that but now am a believer.

Hey guys, i want a noss head too, im gunna order one soon, but i got a ?. I ride at alomost sea level. i only pipes, a k/n, ported reed cage, new reeds, and a timing advance. I run woods and dunes. im aimin for mid, and i run 93 all the time. sometimes 110, just for fun. I was wonderin what size domes to run, i have heard anywhere from 21 to 17, what should i do? Also, i heard bansheehq people get discounts. How do i get one, who do i have to talk to. Thanks for ur time. peace. :)

If you want to run pump gas, I'd say 21cc or 22cc because of the timing advance. If you don't mind running 110 octane, you could go with 19cc or 20cc. 18cc would probably be too much for the stock internals. To get the discount, you can call and order or order online and the 10% discount will be credited back to your credit card. Call if I can be any help.

-David

Hey, u guys know what i run(its above). Anyways, i was wonderin, if i go 21 or 22cc, is it really gunna make any difference. Do any of u know what the stock dome size is? Just wonderin if it would be worht my money to buy the new head. Thanks. Peace.

Stock chamber size is usually 23cc to 24cc. You would notice a difference with 22cc and a better difference with 21cc. 21cc is as small as I would go with pump gas.

Hey guys, i want a noss head too, im gunna order one soon, but i got a ?. I ride at alomost sea level. i only pipes, a k/n, ported reed cage, new reeds, and a timing advance. I run woods and dunes. im aimin for mid, and i run 93 all the time. sometimes 110, just for fun. I was wonderin what size domes to run, i have heard anywhere from 21 to 17, what should i do? Also, i heard bansheehq people get discounts. How do i get one, who do i have to talk to. Thanks for ur time. peace. :)
david plays it safe and i cant blame him since if he said go low, and you puff your top end, well you know....

20cc is the lowest id go at sea level on pump 91.....i rode at death valley 500 feet below sea level on david's 20's with no problem but wouldnt push it past that, with timing at +4 you should still be cool........run 19's and 100% race fuel....but look to get your crank welded at about 170 psi, or you could be riding on eggshells......

Hey dlnoss, i was just on ebay, and found a new noos head on there, They said it was made from t6 alum. It is new and better. No more studs. Am i misunderstanding something, or is there a better head out there. They said it lowers the temp by 55degres, that tru? If so, i cant till i get mine. Thabks for ur time. Peace out, :huh:

That auction listing says 'new' but that design has been out about a year now. It replaced the first design which required changing the studs. It some drag race tests, the SURFACE temperature of the head and areas of the cylinder was 55 degrees cooler than a stock head and 10 degrees cooler than a PD head. The testing wasn't done by me; It was done by an Tulsa engine builder.

-David