cleaning up the frame and welding new tubes in

Well it's good to know your frames help up finch cuz I'm about to duplicate yours lol. Ya I figured er70s-2 would be the right filler. I use that shit at work for welding fuselages. Gotta love it. Thanks for all the input guys I'll post some pictures when I get it wrapped up. That's if I figure out how to post pics on this forum. I take it there's a sticky or a how to on that as we'll.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the help with the pictures. Ya the shock mounts looked like ass after cutting and grinding that tube off so I just hacked them off. I'll make some 3/16 tabs and new light mounts once I get my arms in and my buddy's frame so I can have something to take measurements off of.I'll tell you what though, just grinding,cutting,cleaning all the useless crap off these frames is a lot more work than it seems. Then again the factory welds are just pathetic

The upper tube, I machined the fish eyes on the Bridgeport..... Then my shitty cutter I was using got dull from this hard ass chromoly. Then lower bar I used a straight grinder with a 1" drum sander. The the piece in a vice and eye ball it. You'll get close enough

I love the rolocs. First I would sandblast my joint then go over it the a blue scotch roloc and then on the new tubes I'd just use the blue scotch roloc for the ends. It's nice to talk to people on a forum that know what there talking about. I'm on ranger powersports and f150 forum and some people are so darn stupid.

bolt the aarms and shock to the lower mount then bolt the upper tabs to the shock and lean it up against the frame rail and center the shock. cause it does move left and right. This is the easiest way to get it dead center. With the correct angles and pitch for the tabs. So the shocks just drop in when assembling.