nitro methane

jayhawkatv

You want a challenge? Solve autism or repeal Obamacare.

Nitro in a quad with your level if experience will just drive aluminum costs up nation wide.

i am not a doctor, im a mechanical engineer. challenges to me are designing things that challenge the current way of thinking in terms of performance and design. i may not have 40 years of experience in anything, hell im only 23. i am simply saying, it can be done, so why hasnt it? i know a handfull of drag snowmobiles that run nitromethane, so why cant a quad? hell 4 stroke sleds are running propane now if setup for it.

Because it make big powa!

<br /><br /> Haha. Truth. The next question would be more powa than what? If he's running pump gas, I'd suggest baby steps and working my way up the "fuel chain". I think nitro and methanol would be cool, but I'm just now real comfortable with straight methanol, so maybe next year...

im running 116 race gas currently. 220lbs per cylinder on my little 4 mill. i would like to try it for these reasons..

1. it makes ALOT of power, hence the reason top fuel engines are on nitro.

2. people like to say it cant be done, mostly because they havent seen it been done well.. yet

3. i dont like simply following in others footsteps

That's a lot of compression. There is a good read on running nitro on PS. It includes what mods are needed. I'd suggest starting off upgrading to methanol 1st, get proficient at that., THEN start looking at adding nitro to that. From what I've read and researched the fuel system requirements of nitro and methanol are more compatible than race fuel and nitro. But it'd be better for you to read the thread I mentioned and educate yourself ..then decide for yourself.

i am not a doctor, im a mechanical engineer. challenges to me are designing things that challenge the current way of thinking in terms of performance and design. i may not have 40 years of experience in anything, hell im only 23. i am simply saying, it can be done, so why hasnt it? i know a handfull of drag snowmobiles that run nitromethane, so why cant a quad? hell 4 stroke sleds are running propane now if setup for it.

<br /><br />Nitro and propane on snowmobiles? You are full of shit!

<br /><br />Nitro and propane on snowmobiles? You are full of shit!

i dont think i ever said propane and nitro.. i simply was comparing the ability to safely run alternate fuel sources besides gas. i also never stated that i would run gas with nitro either.. i would make the switch to alcohol  before considering toying with nitro at all. 

i dont think i ever said propane and nitro.. i simply was comparing the ability to safely run alternate fuel sources besides gas. i also never stated that i would run gas with nitro either.. i would make the switch to alcohol before considering toying with nitro at all.

<br /><br />Nobody is running propane or nitro in sleds. That is dumb!