Poor Mans Bead Breaker....

fixitrod

I got one of those Nac's beadbreakers. Their not that expensive, 50 bucks or something like that. Your way is a little bit cheaper probably, and a good idea

I love it, pops beads off no problem. I even made an extension for it and we change out truck tires with it. Still gotta get the regular ones balanced, but forget trying to balance mudding tires.

Good idea... may have to try that out.  Could you possibly get some pics for illistrations?

Usually, i just have my fat friend step on it a few times and waddle around on the sides of the tire.  :rolleyes:

hell yeah ill take a pic and post it Screamin, but picture a board with 2 long bolts stickin up out of it, with another board on top squeezing a tire, i actually havent used mine in a long time but still have it, i picked up a real swell bench vise a while back that bust's a tire like nobodys business and will get a ball joint free from a spindle decently, makes a really handy vise too....i drove my car up a board onto my rim once and with my luck the rim jumped straight up, hit my bumber and ruined a good polished ITP, thats when i bought a new front rim and made the 2x6 breaker....

LMAO... imagine so. I've got a boogered up polished ITP rim too. Something happened on the way to little sahara last trip and the paddle and rim got up against the latch on the tie down. Bounced the whole way like that... so you can imagine what it looks like now. :rolleyes:

I can picture it in my mind on what you're talking about... but pictures are worth 1,000 words so they say, lol.

yea like smokin banshee i used a 2x4ans the front tire of a tractor.. it worked real easy. i figured this out bout a year ago when i wanted to ride relly bad and couldnt get the damn tire of the rimm i swear i tried evrything thne it just poppedinto my minf so i tryed it and damn that had to be the greatest thing ive evry thought of..lol

LMAO... imagine so.  I've got a boogered up polished ITP rim too.  Something happened on the way to little sahara last trip and the paddle and rim got up against the latch on the tie down.  Bounced the whole way like that... so you can imagine what it looks like now.  :rolleyes:

I can picture it in my mind on what you're talking about... but pictures are worth 1,000 words so they say, lol.

looking back it was kinda funny, them damm towing hooks they put under the bumber, i couldnt have messed it up more smakin it with a sledge hammer......ill dig it out and snap a pic.......