motor help 4mill cub

mike454

I am not sure of what your prob is but

1. make sure you put pistons in with the windows facing the intake , not the exhaust.

2. Do leakdown test and ck for leaks.

3. Make sure ringgaps were .010-.012 for install

4. Make sure have carbs totally apart and cleaned.

5. Swap sparkplug wires to the other side and see if a problem switches sides.

6. Check pickup gap , flywheel and key placement.

Blocking off one sides carb and seeing a change in the other.

Pistons are in rite ring gap is 19thou compression before ring broke was 210 now left side is 180 an right is 160 new pistons an rings did leak down didnt find anything pickup is set at a business card thickness why am i getting feedback off my other cylinder when i block opposite side off?

.019 for ring gap seems pretty loose to me....could be experiencing "blow by"? When you broke a ring did it chunk the piston? Possibly something blocking up one of your pipes? Maybe a plug issuse - swap them over? Did you swap the plug caps over like previously stated and see if the problem follows or stays the same? Reed valves in good shape? I know its at the point of frustration but slow down a bit, take ur time and REALLY look into everything that could be the cause, persistence will pay off and you will end up fixing it. Good luck

Its spitting out of both Cylinders tried diff plugs wires caps diff fuel put big dumps in the carbs opened power jets all way open its not smoking like it should when you have it running no restrictions in the pipes ones im using are diff from ones i had on it when broke ring motor just went lazy when i lost that one cylinder an piston was all still there when tore it down

I have not seen it but it could be possible with an intake with the crossover to have vacuum etc from one side make a difference and affect the other side.

There has to be something not together right or ignition not grounded or something.

Confirm that you have

good alky

alky will pour out of your pingle

Alky will pour thru your carbs

All jets are clean , drilled , flow fuel.

Have you for sure confirmed that the piston windows arent facing the exhaust? I just keep asking that because that has happened many times and had symptoms such as yours right after a rebuild.