Banshee Steering Stabilizer-anyone run one? Pros/Cons?

peterlocal22

• 2 months later...

Why is a puck style so much better than a stick?  I cant tell the difference unless the puck is a very pricy one like a Scotts with the high speed adjustment which is great.  Stick stabilizers work great.  There are thousands of racers using stick stabilizers.  Most pros do not use them but pros are typically given parts by there sponsors and racing is there life.  If your a pro a baller stabilizer will help im sure when you get to that level every little bit makes a difference.  For the average Joe a stick stabilizer works just fine. 

• Like 1

this hard hit in 4th gear crackin woulda definately ended up very bad had it not been for the stabilizer.

as the bars started rippin, the satbilizer did it's job and i got stopped without crashing

damn rocks hiding in the bushes :(

that was a good 6ply kevlar pure sport bandit

IMAG0838.jpg

free screenshot

^^^^THIS!!!!!!!!

#1 reason I won't ride without one now.

• 2 weeks later...

We dont run stick style stabilizers on MX quads. You definitely wont see one on a pro bike. Ive seen more than one stick style crack 450 frames at the mounts. 

I have a 2 puck style stabilizers (GPR) and 2 stick stabilzers pucks on a walsh 310r and rm250 dirt bike. stick on a 250r practice bike and my banshee. one i got on ebay for $5 the other a streamline

I ride a lot I race both quad and dirt bike the biggest difference is that you can adjust a puck while your riding. Can't really tell the $400 difference. 

Everyone I race with has a stick stabilizers.