BIGGEST cc? for riding not drag only?

Keep the stroke short to keep piston speed down. I'd say 10 mil max. But on the bore size, the bigger the bore, the more the intake wears into the piston. I run my bigger drag bikes the very minimum number of passes to get them dialed in. The smaller Cubs, I've ran the crap out of. This is not trail riding, but may give you an idea.

not sure why motor size would dictate reliability?  its more of a build QUALITY that counts...  i have had motors top ends last about 3-4 years before ring and pistons jobs. ( that was riding a LOT)  bottom ends with cranks on 8+ years.  maintenance goes a very very long way also.

hell  there are plenty of really large CC snomobile 2 strokes out there running all the time.  even large cc marine motors...

Scimitar = huge ports, less piston cooling and more friction. If you had a custom cylinder with a trail port I'm sure it could be big. You can't deny the stroke and piston speed. Also the marine and snomos run at almost a set RPM. I was just giving my and others experience with big twin CP cylinders. There are even a crap load of problems just trying to run a Cheetah in a road race bike. Just check it the RZ forums about The Two Stroke Shop attempts at that.

There are even a crap load of problems just trying to run a Cheetah in a road race bike. Just check it the RZ forums about The Two Stroke Shop attempts at that.

That is because Wayne was making claims based on his theories not real world testing. Do you have any idea how many cheetahs he had set up for that servo power valve before actually sorting out the first prototype? Or how many of those 90* firing rotation cranks he asked Stephan to have produced. It all sits unusable now.