Ported 450r very very close to beating me!

BAMF87

Im my experience which is far less than most here, it's off the line the 4 strokes are strong in. Set up your bike to get off the line good and they wont be able to catch up. You can always throw a dune able over ride in her but as much as i love mine, it's not for everyone. but it will help a lot.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nu7equsa.jpg

These are the paddles I have. Sand sharks I believe. These came with the bike along with the sprockets that were on it. It was set up for trails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I remember that bike. Aren't you in oregon? Some cut paddle brats or some haulers would be a big improvement over the sand sharks. The molded stuff is usually heavier and doesn't hook as well. I went from new sand stars to cut and really light 6 paddle Paddle Brats and could tell a dramatic difference on my 450. Alot of improvement could be made on those tires and pipes. If you go to a more more top end pipe though you're going to lose bottom end and midrange. You'll be clutching alot more. It'll rip up too with better pipes which might be worth the loss to you. Was for me. I just had to slip it more and rev the piss out of it. Was like a totally different bike with better more dragish pipes, carbs, and vf3s.

Dave5.0- I've never been to Oregon I ride mostly at gordons well. I'll probably get cpi pipes and go to stock gearing I don't mind working the clutch.

And the 450 was on pump gas it was built by racersedgeaz they do good work. It's an 06 450 which I believe make more power than 04/05s because of carb setups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I have built a few strong running 450s that get some banshee owners very pissed in drag races but like cam said I have seen so so so many sheets in bad tune ,bad electronics ,etc .every banshee owner thinks there shit is perfect 9 times outta 10 I can find at least 5 things wrong rite off the bat

If everything is in good tune, I stll think good tires will make the best bang- for-the -buck improvement in a drag race. Better pipes with your current setup will net minor improvement because you'll still spin off the line horribly. Fattys can still be competitive in the " nerf bar" group of racers. You can still dune/ play with better tires and hook better.

If you make more power your gonna spin out more on your takeoff. what was 1 bike length now will be 2-3 you have to make up. buy some good haulers 9 or 10 paddle 21-11-8 reg buff but a 14-15 front on depending on your weight and be done. Those tires you have cant get the power to the ground. thats why your losing from the start. you should pull them from start to finish.

If everything is in good tune, I stll think good tires will make the best bang- for-the -buck improvement in a drag race. Better pipes with your current setup will net minor improvement because you'll still spin off the line horribly. Fattys can still be competitive in the " nerf bar" group of racers. You can still dune/ play with better tires and hook better.

x2