Race gas concentrate?

Ok, first off I dont ever buy or even believe in the typical octane boosters they sell in the bottles on store shelves. Normally for my shee, I use either straight 100 oct Sunoco, and now I am mixing 50/50 112/90.

However, when I went to the shop to pick up my 5 gal 112 fuel can, they told me about a Dragon race fuel concentrate in a 32oz container. Now its not cheap ($30) but supposedly is the SAME STUFF thats mixed in with "normal fuel" to make it race gas and higher octane. At first I said BS, and did not believe this, but I could not find too much really good or bad about it online. Is this new, does this stuff really work???

It would be a little cheaper than race fuel, but alot easier to mix with pump gas when needed!!

Any advise on this one? 

Here is a link to the product. http://www.dragonracingfuels.com/images/Concentrate%20presser.pdf

Ok, first off I dont ever buy or even believe in the typical octane boosters they sell in the bottles on store shelves. Normally for my shee, I use either straight 100 oct Sunoco, and now I am mixing 50/50 112/90.

However, when I went to the shop to pick up my 5 gal 112 fuel can, they told me about a Dragon race fuel concentrate in a 32oz container. Now its not cheap ($30) but supposedly is the SAME STUFF thats mixed in with "normal fuel" to make it race gas and higher octane. At first I said BS, and did not believe this, but I could not find too much really good or bad about it online. Is this new, does this stuff really work???

It would be a little cheaper than race fuel, but alot easier to mix with pump gas when needed!!

Any advise on this one? 

Here is a link to the product. http://www.dragonracingfuels.com/images/Concentrate%20presser.pdf

There was a test in Hot Rod or Car Craft years ago where they tested all the octane boosters out there. Basically the gist was that the product in the bottle would have to have the same combustable principles as Nitroglycerine for them to boost octane to the claimed levels.

As for this product........Race gas is not simply chemicals added to pump gas. This product is listed on their website....but they also choose NOT to list it's MOTOR OCTANE or other important qualities like it's specific gravity.

I would steer clear of anything like that.

Why do you need the higher octane? What is done to your bike? 

There was a test in Hot Rod or Car Craft years ago where they tested all the octane boosters out there. Basically the gist was that the product in the bottle would have to have the same combustable principles as Nitroglycerine for them to boost octane to the claimed levels.

As for this product........Race gas is not simply chemicals added to pump gas. This product is listed on their website....but they also choose NOT to list it's MOTOR OCTANE or other important qualities like it's specific gravity.

I would steer clear of anything like that.

Why do you need the higher octane? What is done to your bike? 

Yea this is exactly what I figured, but the guy sells both race fuel (Sunoco and such, as well as this) so I thought I would check into it. I have a 4mil trail port with some 20cc domes and is hovering around 150-160 (forgot) psi, so I think I need about 98-100 octane. At least its always ran perfect with 100 oct. In fact just rode all day yesterday with 90/112 mix of non-eth pump and Sunoco 112 and it ran GREAT!!! So I think I will just stick to this. Its comes out to about $8 gal, but thats what I get the 100 Sunoco GT pump gas for anyways.

Thanks for the help, it seems like there is no magic bullet in the can as far as fuel is concerned, not even this concentrate stuff. WIll stick to my 50/50 mix....  :thanks:

Edited by Banshee0028