worth the money?

hey guys got an 89 banshee and it needs a new flywheel and stator...my question is is it worth putting that money into it? ive looked around at flywheel and stators and oem seems to be the only way to go but brand new they are super expensive...just wondering if its worth buying just those 2 parts or should i go ahead and buy a newer bike that has more work done to it than my current one and use the 89 for parts? im kinda leaning towards buying a newer one down the road just wanted to see what you guys think..also been thinking about selling/parting out my 89

I will up his bid and give you 200.00 for it

There was a sponser making stators a while back. Forget his name. Somebody will chime in with it I'm sure. Racetech maybe? Not sure about flywheels. A good used one is an option. If you look around just the other day a cool guy posted about a service manual and how it's required. Also made the comment that you are prob an idiot for thinking both of those items are bad and you need a cdi. Might wanna look for that. Good read.

Why have you decided they are both bad? I have never had both go bad at the same time for that matter I have never had a flywheel go bad just stators. I know guys on here have lost flywheels not saying they dont go bad it is just not a common thing. Can you explain how you came to decide this is the issue?

well the flywheel itself might not be bad but the threads were stripped out of.it prior to me getting into it...and some of the windings on the stator are frayed and coming apart. im assuming flywheel and stator are oem so their 24 years old and just worn out...unbelievable amounts of rust on it as well...guess the guy that had it before me didnt believe in gaskets\seals.