TRINITY 535 LEMON----- OPINIONS PLEASE.

bigred1977

i worked as a gasket and oring manufacture for a number of months. i was making orings from bulk spools of cord during my trinity experience and i can tell you this. viton is a pita to bond. it reacts very strange to heat and it does not like to be rebonded once severed. the benifit is that it can handle some serious heat untop of it being fuel stable. color mean nothing. color is just an easy way for material identification. typically red/orange/grey was high temp applications, black was normal air/water seals and blue/white was medical/special applications. 

so why are the orings black on my top end? well this is a true first hand story told to be by trinity's x-salesmen jaymes. the oring manufacture switch the material to buna(if i remember correctly) and trinity was told its all the same. well this is not true. i know this from bonding the two materials, viton is tuff as nails even when heat is applied. despite my works viton being black, it could be ordered in any color at manufactures request. i informed them about the material differences and they responded with "we already are aware of this" and "we wernt informed of a material change untill later on" (or atleast untill the sold off all the bad orings...hint.hint) orings cost about 25 cents to make, think about how much profit that is.

in all fairness, trinity isnt a gasket and seal manufacture. i happen to have the right job at the right time. the orange/red orings in the picture above are the correct orings but DONT base orings of color alone. its viton or nothing..... check the link below, this is my old employer and they list material specfics.

http://www.sealanddesign.com/category/O-Ring-Compounds/184.html

^^^ Preach brother!  :clap:

.....And Orange/Viton rings or not......nothing survives a WOT pass on a warm motor till the domes are re-cut.

hi guys, update after the weekends racing, well, the banshee held together after we went back to the 27cc domes, had no issues really, just shit power, I mean it was powerful but got shat on by the meth cr5,s... so I have parked the bike up and we are doin some thinking about where to go next, we are in 2 minds on just dumping the engine and starting again, we were poking at a dm 650 setup, but before we go anywhere we want to do our home work with what builders to use, and who really knows there stuff as I think a lot of the guys on here building highpower banshees do so with great success however our race is 7.5kms long at pretty much wot the whole way so its gonna be a hard one to pin, managing a consistant 100+hp for that long....I would assume a lot of the drag spec dune bikes would also melt down in there present state of tune if subjected to 4mins of wot... the drag tune is a little diff to what we are aiming for... so we shall see, after I cut the 22cc domes we had no issues with the orings, I did have the same frazzled look though prior to cutting them, I did suspect the pipes also.. heat is a major player here...

You certainly can run these things wide open. I was a bit shy of the idea of it all at first but I've done a lot of wide open riding with no melt downs. The bigger cranks leave me timid but as of lately I'm pretty convinced its possible to spin a 10 mil for long durations of time. People seem to forget the banshee motor is basically a power valve less cousin to the RZ350, which was meant for running wide open. The Pikes Peak guys build banshees to run wide open up a hill for a long stretch to. Specialblend on here built a DM motor that is apparently not over heating so it's doable.