frame

mx1986

Hybrid or full frame? intended surface and rules? single arm setups are custom made to the chassis from site sponsors or you can get lonestar parts for a xulw frame. the shaws you can get from any shaw dealer. You are aware or the requirements for welding chromo. and you are aware dom and chromo of the same sizes have the same weight and near the same strength with less cost and easier workability

It will be a full frame. I have made one out of carbon steel tubing already and want to move on to chromoly. The first frame I did was a double a arm. Had the geometry a little off. I just used blaster shocks for that. U know something cheap. This frames will be easier Cruz I know what I want to do and Single a arm is much easier to build than double.

It will be a full frame. I have made one out of carbon steel tubing already and want to move on to chromoly. The first frame I did was a double a arm. Had the geometry a little off. I just used blaster shocks for that. U know something cheap. This frames will be easier Cruz I know what I want to do and Single a arm is much easier to build than double.

Post a pic of your first frame.

I would never build an 035 dom chassis. But that's just me.

i was just stating material weights are equal. not by any means recomending a .035 wall. smallest ive heard of is 7/8 .049 main frame but it doesnt hold up long. i heard lonestar is strictly .065 wall now. Edited by m671054

I hear ya and i post some pics. I understand that the weights r equal but the strengh is where its at. plus i only weigh 145. The last frame I built was .083 mild steel tubing a arms and all except the main horizonal bar that supported the shock and the motor mount in the back I used bigger tube. The ten mil i built the frame around hasnt bent it yet, even when I ride a wheel the whole lenght of the sand bar. lol 

personally, i wouldn't use less than 058 chromo.  i'm know builders use smaller and thinner stuff, but without having built enough frames to know how small and thin i could go from my own experience, i wouldn't risk it.  is you safety worth the few lbs you'd save from going to thinner tubing?  i mean, really, we are talking about 1-3 lbs at the most.