Carb Question

Juss11

So just wondering what carb set up should I use? I sent my cylinders to herrugs racing , got the 4mm dune port with custom cut domes for pump fuel.. He bored them to 65.5.I got a hotrods 4mm long rod crank. Going to run v-force 4s with pods. So now that leaves me to what carbs to run? I hear 34MM PJs or 28MM pwks etc? Or should I just run my stock carbs? Will I see a big difference over stock carbs with my set up? Also I have a adjustable timing plate and T5s for my exhaust. Thanks for any advice given.

• 3 weeks later...

Im gonna be running 35mm pwk's on my 4 mil stock cylinder build. Stock carbs fall off right around 70hp. If thats what ur going for stockers will feed all u need. Otherwise u have plenty of options

I know your post is about 3 wks old, but since then Redline Racing built a stk cyl 4mil dune port running stk carbs, cpi inframes vf2's on race gas and put down 83hp and 44ft*lbs of torque.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=169881

That's why I dyno test things every chance I get.

90% of everything we hear is a heavily repeated opinion that somehow becomes seen as fact.

Johnnyboy joined less than a year ago and he's spitting advice. The advice should be that stock carbs can make OVER 70HP and since 80% of Banshee owners aren't making 50HP......the massive amount of guys saying "Get 35's" are clueless.

90% of everything we hear is a heavily repeated opinion that somehow becomes seen as fact.

Johnnyboy joined less than a year ago and he's spitting advice. The advice should be that stock carbs can make OVER 70HP and since 80% of Banshee owners aren't making 50HP......the massive amount of guys saying "Get 35's" are clueless.

A lot of them don't know that we used to convert the stockers over to alky with great success back in the day. No PJ's needed. But that was on ported stock cyls ,before Cheetahs and Cubs came out. I don't know if id try it on a CP cyl.