Stock Cyld Porting - Need Participant for dyno numbers

Alright, i have been thinking about this for a while so here goes my idea/proposal.

I've ported many smaller two strokes before, ex: chainsaws, weed trimmers, etc. and had great success.

I've also ported the stock cylinders on a banshee i had several years ago with good results as well just never dyno'd the bike. It was a world of difference for myself, and there along the way I made some templates of what I'd done. Its more like an aggresive trail/mild dune port job. Having these still laying around I've had this idea lately.....

I need someone with a fairly stock bike out there and obviously stock cylinders - NONE NIKASIL PLATED.

I would have the doner pay shipping to me, I will port the cylinders using my templates and ask the doner to pay shipping back. I'll do the work for FREE, the only thing I would like in return would be some dyno numbers. I am curious as to whether or not I can find some power in these things as well. Obviously I will treat your cylinders with respect, I am not looking to rip anyone off by an means or destroy your engine, I am confident in my abilities and curious to see some numbers if I could get any.

With all that said I will not be responsible for engine failure amongst other components, crank, seals, bearings, etc. I am not going to try and just jump into being an engine builder, there are pro's on this site for that. This post is just to see if anyone would be willing to take the risk on this trial run with me.

If not, I completely understand.

Here's a pic of an intake port I was working on for a buddy about a year ago.

20130108_160134.jpg

Thanks for reading.

why not do a set and dyno it yourself.  then you have full control over the rest of the motor.  and really  from my experience you can build a motor  hand it to someone  and it never run right, due to bad parts or bad installation.  doing cyls for free your asking for trouble..  just my opinion.

You ported a weed whacker?

Yeah i did lol it was a junker I had laying around and turned out to be my first real experiment with modding a two stroke engine. I took it apart, put new rings in it, bearings, seals and gaskets, measured, ported the cylinder, set squish to .028 in, ran at 155psi on 93 and it performed nicely. Much better throttle response, lower end torque and ran cooler. Drank fuel like an alcoholic but it ran great. gave it to a buddy of mine. still running after 4 years lol.

why not do a set and dyno it yourself.  then you have full control over the rest of the motor.  and really  from my experience you can build a motor  hand it to someone  and it never run right, due to bad parts or bad installation.  doing cyls for free your asking for trouble..  just my opinion.

that could be the best bet but I'll have to put it off for now. I understand that and it's the only real reason I was a bit hesitant about even posting this.

Might as well shut this idea down

• Like 1

I think your offer was a fair offer.. I think it sounds like a great deal for anyone close to you that could dyno the bike and bring it back once or twice over the course of some time. Dont give up just the fact that your willing to work for free for info should mean something, good luck

• Like 1

what kind of tools are you using to do the porting? is it only the intakes or do you port the exhaust and transfers as well? I believe I have a set of stock cylinders to try out your port work, but sadly I know of no near dynos here in PA. when porting, are you doing it according to any specific other bolt on mods? I had cylinders come on my bike that were terribly home ported. guy tried to open up intakes so much he drilled into the coolant reservoir.

I think your offer was a fair offer.. I think it sounds like a great deal for anyone close to you that could dyno the bike and bring it back once or twice over the course of some time. Dont give up just the fact that your willing to work for free for info should mean something, good luck

Thanks I appreciate that.

I have access to a dyno but dont have any cylinders that you can play with. Unless the ones you sold me are ones you did?

I wish they were, that would be convenient lol idk who did that set but they looked and ran decent before the melt down. If I can get ahold of another set maybe I could send them.to you for such a project