Duneable overrides

98_shee

Guess I got lucky, mine was one of those that got sent back and "fixed"

Even after it came back from WCR sleeper06 massaged it a little more!!

My "extreme" has been in my bike for 4-5 years and shifts like butter every time!! I honestly don't have one single complaint!!! I've never dealt with WCR personally but my tranny has been awesome!!!

Trails dunes hills drag racing jumping back loading and it's still solid!!

Joe

Guess I got lucky, mine was one of those that got sent back and "fixed" Even after it came back from WCR sleeper06 massaged it a little more!! My "extreme" has been in my bike for 4-5 years and shifts like butter every time!! I honestly don't have one single complaint!!! I've never dealt with WCR personally but my tranny has been awesome!!! Trails dunes hills drag racing jumping back loading and it's still solid!! Joe

Count yourself as lucky. Not only do you have a real unicorn......your able to ride it. Enjoy that luxury and keep fresh tranny fluid in that thing, because you aren't EVER going to find another unicorn like the one you have. So treat in good!

(And don't let anyone else ride that bike. You don't wanna risk them pissing of the unicorn)  ;)

So what about those of us with dune bikes in the 110hp range? Stock tranny just isn't cutting it.

i have a 10cub built by redline. The motor made 111hp59tq. I had cameron do his pro mod trans and the thing shifts like butter! I can stay pinned and just flip the clutch and it shifts with ease! Im not a drag racer so cameron steered me away from the over ride

Mine works fine I'm at about 115. Just have to let off the gas and shift. Not as big of a deal to me, but there really isn't many options. Override is out of the question.

same here. just cant shift as fast as you could with one but for what im doing with the bike an override is out of the question also

Mine works fine I'm at about 115. Just have to let off the gas and shift. Not as big of a deal to me, but there really isn't many options. Override is out of the question.

How does it do in the dunes constantly up/down shifting through quick transitions?

i have a 10cub built by redline. The motor made 111hp59tq. I had cameron do his pro mod trans and the thing shifts like butter! I can stay pinned and just flip the clutch and it shifts with ease! Im not a drag racer so cameron steered me away from the over ride

Yeah, I'll have to get ahold of cameron. Right now I'm all stock with a lockup, and constantly miss shifts. Half the time it barely wants to shift from 2nd to 3rd right out of the hole. On the asphalt, or hard dirt it shifts great, but as soon as it gets that little bit of backload that the sand gives, it's a bitch.

did you get your bike together?   where are the pics?  Cant wait to see it.

Count yourself as lucky. Not only do you have a real unicorn......your able to ride it. Enjoy that luxury and keep fresh tranny fluid in that thing, because you aren't EVER going to find another unicorn like the one you have. So treat in good!

(And don't let anyone else ride that bike. You don't wanna risk them pissing of the unicorn)  ;)

Not Exactly true.  I've got 2 of Greg's Transmissions currently.  My first one is the one Tyler likes to talk about grenading in his driveway.  Which it did, and was one of the first extremes.  It took Greg awhile to get it worked out and back to me but that tranny has spent 3 or 4 hard seasons in my dune bike and I have to say that I am happy with it's performance.  Make no mistake, I abuse the fuck out of it and it goes through shift forks about every other season.  I have the same tranny in my drag bike and it isn't subject to the same abuse and it shifts like a dream.  I wouldn't say that WCR is junk by any means and he took good care of my shit when we had issues. Isn't that what it is about?  I mean, yes, we all want everything perfect, but that isn't realistic.  When the chips were down, Greg did me right.  I would have no issue running his trans again.  Just my two cents.

SP

Not Exactly true.  I've got 2 of Greg's Transmissions currently.  My first one is the one Tyler likes to talk about grenading in his driveway.  Which it did, and was one of the first extremes.  It took Greg awhile to get it worked out and back to me but that tranny has spent 3 or 4 hard seasons in my dune bike and I have to say that I am happy with it's performance.  Make no mistake, I abuse the fuck out of it and it goes through shift forks about every other season.  I have the same tranny in my drag bike and it isn't subject to the same abuse and it shifts like a dream.  I wouldn't say that WCR is junk by any means and he took good care of my shit when we had issues. Isn't that what it is about?  I mean, yes, we all want everything perfect, but that isn't realistic.  When the chips were down, Greg did me right.  I would have no issue running his trans again.  Just my two cents.

SP

Oh snap.

Not Exactly true. I've got 2 of Greg's Transmissions currently. My first one is the one Tyler likes to talk about grenading in his driveway. Which it did, and was one of the first extremes. It took Greg awhile to get it worked out and back to me but that tranny has spent 3 or 4 hard seasons in my dune bike and I have to say that I am happy with it's performance. Make no mistake, I abuse the fuck out of it and it goes through shift forks about every other season. I have the same tranny in my drag bike and it isn't subject to the same abuse and it shifts like a dream. I wouldn't say that WCR is junk by any means and he took good care of my shit when we had issues. Isn't that what it is about? I mean, yes, we all want everything perfect, but that isn't realistic. When the chips were down, Greg did me right. I would have no issue running his trans again. Just my two cents.

SP

Well Spurdy....instead of telling me about you being one of the few with a running extreme....why don't you step up and recommend that someone call Greg at WCR and order that trans since your so totally satisfied with your entire experience?

Then when people have seasons ruined and spend their time waiting for shipments, they can spend their down time telling you about how happy they are to be splitting cases multiple times in a season. Then if they are lucky enough to get a trans that finally won't engage two gears at once, they can continue to split cases every other season to replace shift forks.

If they can first talk Greg into even selling another Extreme......

Well John, instead of only bashing on someone why don't you paint the entire picture? My trans isn't the only trans of Greg's that runs well out there.

Funny thing is that when these topics come up it is only the negative stuff people remember or are willing to talk about.

I guess I just got SUPER DUPPER lucky to have 2 unicorns! What are the odds?

SP

How does it do in the dunes constantly up/down shifting through quick transitions?

Yeah, I'll have to get ahold of cameron. Right now I'm all stock with a lockup, and constantly miss shifts. Half the time it barely wants to shift from 2nd to 3rd right out of the hole. On the asphalt, or hard dirt it shifts great, but as soon as it gets that little bit of backload that the sand gives, it's a bitch.

Matt, I've had a similar trans in my yellow bike before I changed an override and ran it with a DD lockup. It is now in Ethan's bike and it shifts really good. Bearings on both sides of the drum and both sides of the shift shaft also, every other dog and web removed. We have beat the hell out of it and it has held up nicely. Absolutely the next best ring to an override and without the maintenance of wearing out shift forks.

I Kevin may still be doing a modification like this also. There are a lot of others that do this also.