Another "best pipes for Serval" discussion.

jayzx10r

I have some SLP pipes that have a larger and longer chamber then my FMF fatties. There like shears kinda and after reading CAMATV post I got thinking what head pipe size they have so I measured the out side diameter after the flange it was 1 5/8" and the FMF are 1 1/2" just wondering what size the head pipes on the CPI and shear small bores are? http://www.startinglineproducts.com/image.cfm?type=detail&imgID=1901

First off, you're kinda new, so you'll learn quickly not to listen to anything camatv says. Second, are you measuring the flange itself? or the diameter where the expansion chamber starts off of the flange?

• 1 month later...

Cameron suggested CPI's for my riding style. 

My parameters were:

Unported, running "as cast" Serval on pump gas with a minor exhaust clean up to casting flaws.

Primary use as a duner with some occasional friendly drags, short shifting and running mostly in the upper mid range.

Pipes that compliment the intended function of the Serval.

He said the torque curve is better with the CPI's for my application. 

The Shearers make a couple of HP more, but you gotta rev 'em 1k more.

I bought a set of CPI's.  If they don't work out for me, I'll make someone a good deal!! :-)

Camatv has a very valid point in that the best pipe isnt available yet so you use the next best thing. are "drag" pipes the best option, no they are simply better than other options.

If procircuit/toomey/whatthefuckever offerered a "bigbore" version of there pipes, well then...