No 5th and 6th Top end pull

Lifts up 1-4 but it just hits a wall on top end WOT. Plugs are dark but dry.

28 pwks 150 / 50. Kn pods, dune port, +3 timing, ported stock reeds w/ TDR reeds.DMC 916.

The kill switch was killing it because the button slides back and forth. Will the switch cause the drop of in power?

i just had same probloem on mine. u are to rich but within prolly one or two jets. i had this prob for awhile once i made it through 4th gear i was only off by one size my next drop put me spot on. but also come to find out my adjustable timing plate had come loose. and my timing was changing on its own. had to take care of that now its all good

that sounds like a lot of [pilot jet ..however u have a top end issue.. I swap from a 50 pilot to a 45. and oh big f\difference bike feels way better.. more power everwhere.. and that's a 421... whats r ur specs'

• 1 month later...

if you can not make through your gears there is no worry of being to lean, a lean bike runns hard as fuc keep your piloets the same and drop the mains never good to change both at the same time specaly when it runs so good through 4th drop main keep needle the same pilot same adjust those as neded once your mains are in order there will be a drop that allows to make it through 5th but more than likley not 6th that will tell you that you are one a wayfrom succses!

bamaboy, please, do yourself, and your pistons a favor, do a full speed plug chop, run it flat out in 4th gear, and hit the kill switch at wide open throttle, clutch it it and bring it to a stop. Pull the plugs and look at them. Dark plugs do NOT always mean it is rich! if it is a dark, DRY plug, you are so lean that you are burning the carbon out of your cylinder and it's dusting the hell out of your plug. please do yourself a favor and plug chop it. 

If it comes out dark and wet, then yes, your probably rich, but this sounds like a lean condition to me man. Is it burbling and sputtering in 5th and 6th? or does it seem like it just flattens out and won't pull through? If you are pulling rpms in 5th and 6th, just not hitting powerband you are likely far far lean and starving the engine for fuel it just won't turn any faster, and those dry brown plugs sound like a bad bad sign. Mess around and take random advice on jetting without proof checking with some plug chops and you will blow nice little holes through your pistons.

Theres too much idle or cruising time on those i think.

Who ported it? I wouldnt get carried away on leaning it out until you figure out the bog. It should pull 5th and 6th while running on the rich side. I purposely run my shit a jet rich as i like to rip around in the upper gears.

I detest plug chops. Jet it safe and go beat on it a few hours. Lots of wfo. Then have a look at the plugs.