How many HPs gain can i expect from a coolhead?

Hi! i just ordered a Noss coolhead with 21cc domes... just wondering how many HPs im gonna gain!? my mods for now are  T5 pipes, KN filter with airbox no snorkel, timing plate +4... Just premium 90 octane pump fuel (highest octane you can find here in AK) My elevation is around 500 feet and temp is around 60-70s... My current jetting is 300 mains, stock needles and  stock 25 pilots but im gonna switch to 27.5... Shee is working perfect right now! Thanks! and any additional info/advice is welcome...

PS: still working on my english...

• Like 1

Cool heads don't give to much HP without ported cylinders. I did pretty much every bolt imaginable before I got my motor ported by HJR and never noticed any big changes. Once Kevin did a dune port it was a completely different machine. If I were you, I would spend the $300-400 and get a nice port job done by Kevin at HerrJugsRacing. You will notice a substantial gain in power, especially if you use 19cc domes and go to race or Avgas. Give him a call anytime, he is very friendly to talk to and will give you the advice your looking for.

Www.herrjugsracing.com

(760) 703-1836

Cool heads don't give to much HP without ported cylinders. I did pretty much every bolt imaginable before I got my motor ported by HJR and never noticed any big changes. Once Kevin did a dune port it was a completely different machine. If I were you, I would spend the $300-400 and get a nice port job done by Kevin at HerrJugsRacing. You will notice a substantial gain in power, especially if you use 19cc domes and go to race or Avgas. Give him a call anytime, he is very friendly to talk to and will give you the advice your looking for.

Www.herrjugsracing.com

(760) 703-1836

I agree with you 100%. My old setup had it all (Bolt On). Pro design cool head with 20cc domes , SB CPI pipes , Pods , +4 time , 15 tooth sprocket and when she finally blew since the damage was tremendous. We had to bore it out to 66.25.

Now with my new setup on 64 ported cylinders , 4mm hot rod crank and stock head. It's a totally different bike. And yes once it's ported correctly hold on tight.

Sent from my HTC One

I agree you with 100%. My old setup had it all (Bolt On). Pro design cool head with 20cc domes , SB CPI pipes , Pods , +4 time , 15 tooth sprocket and when she finally blew since the damage was tremendous. We had to bore it out to 66.25.

Now with my new setup on 64 ported cylinders , 4mm hot rod crank and stock head. It's a totally different bike. And yes once it's ported correctly hold on tight.

Sent from my HTC One

X2

You change your port timing by doin a port job and you loose compression. Then you have to get that compression back. To achieve that you can mill a head (waste of time IMO because the dome is wrong) or aftermarket with changeable domes so you get the correct compression. That's why you add an aftermarket head. Stock port timing with stock head 110-115psi per cylinder. Stock port timing aftermarket head and now 130 psi 1-2hp increase but you gotta run 93 octane or even safer 110 because you'll burn hotter and you'll need a fuel that burns colder to offset the change.

You change your port timing by doin a port job and you loose compression. Then you have to get that compression back. To achieve that you can mill a head (waste of time IMO because the dome is wrong) or aftermarket with changeable domes so you get the correct compression. That's why you add an aftermarket head. Stock port timing with stock head 110-115psi per cylinder. Stock port timing aftermarket head and now 130 psi 1-2hp increase but you gotta run 93 octane or even safer 110 because you'll burn hotter and you'll need a fuel that burns colder to offset the change.

Are you fucking stoned?

Sounds legit..