Gearing and top speed..

I've been running 14/41 gearing, and my top speed's been about 78-79mph, So today I tried a 15/41, and had NO change in top speed, Then I got to reading around about being under powered, so I put the 14 back on and did what the write up says, got to running wide open in 6th, held the throttle pinned and blipped the clutch, and the rpms shot way up, which shows it's underpowered for that gearing, If I drop to a 13, it SHOULD help with that, right? It's already torquey as hell with the 14, But I'll be using more of the power with the 13 right?

I had googled about it on my phone, and something popped up on yahoo answers, Big LONG explination, it was probably wrong anyways tho. lol.

I tried the 13, slowed it down by 10mph, tried the 14 and 0 timing advance, no change, It's like this fucker's got a speed limiter on it. I think it's hit 80 ONE time. I don't think it's the jetting because it never bogs down, builds rpm all the way to the top, I guess it's time for a 4mil.

If I leave the 15 in it, will it hurt anything being overgeared? (like starting in 2nd gear in a car) It still pulls good in 1-5, just tops out the same in 6th. There won't be any catastrophic transmission failure or anything?

I noticed the other day in the sand, that 1st was useless with the 14. So my thinking, which is probably wrong, using the 15 will give it a taller ratio in all gears, letting them wind out longer.. right?

I have a stock bore / stroke non-ported bike with 21cc domes, VForce 3 reeds, R2 pipes, an aftermarket air filter, 290/27.5 clip middle jetting, running 14/38 gears and I gps'd mine at 83 mph on dirt. It takes it a bit to get on the pipe in 6th, but it will.