Need Info Quick! Carbs

sooooo i should go with the pwk 33 carbs.... but not until i have it ported right??? anything else i should do before i get those carbs? like i said i have v-force reeds, spacers and cage and boost bottle and all that soo? and who should i have port it ?? someone who is really good.. if any one knows any one around michigan or other places.. michigan would be nicer though :)

any info on any of my questions would be appreciated greatly!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sooooo  i should go with the pwk 33 carbs....  but not until i have it ported right??? anything else i should do before i get those carbs?  like i said i have v-force reeds, spacers and cage and boost bottle and all that  soo? and who should i have port it ?? someone who is  really good.. if any one knows any one around michigan or other places.. michigan would be nicer though  :)

any info on any of my questions would be  appreciated greatly!!

i wouldnt f*ck with the carbs till you port it, send your jugs to jim at passion for porting then go with the carbs.....but the delta's will wake that bitch up, i think those 33's on a stock port will bog like a son of bitch.....

Jim really opened my cyinders up - 12-port . I just got it back together compleatly minus carbs and jetting, Ill let you guys know how it rips when I go out thanksgiving.

Can't wait to ditch these stock carbs, Just having to deal with jetting again with that damn tors on the top, it's really annoying.

I'm not completely clear on what kind of port job your talking about putting these 33's on.

I know for my type of riding and the type of portjob that I'm going to be getting that 33's are still going to be a large carb for my setup. I'm going with a heavy mx/trail type portjob and feel that the taperbored 30's will sit pretty and give enough air.

I'm going to be running a longrod stroker that'll give me a strong torquey pull on the low end, and I want my portjob to work with that into consideration.....and still pull like crazy into high rpm's.

i.e. Say I'm going to be shooting a hill, I want to be able to creep up to the bottom of it.....click it into second, rev it up, drop the clutch and just shoot right up it. And if it starts to fall out of the powerband, I want that low end power to get me up the rest of it without having to downshift or clutch it. If you go with to big of a carb, your going to choke the low end.

I'm not completely clear on what kind of port job your talking about putting these 33's on.

I know for my type of riding and the type of portjob that I'm going to be getting that 33's are still going to be a large carb for my setup.  I'm going with a heavy mx/trail type portjob and feel that the taperbored 30's will sit pretty and give enough air.

I'm going to be running a longrod stroker that'll give me a strong torquey pull on the low end, and I want my portjob to work with that into consideration.....and still pull like crazy into high rpm's.

i.e.  Say I'm going to be shooting a hill, I want to be able to creep up to the bottom of it.....click it into second, rev it up, drop the clutch and just shoot right up it.  And if it starts to fall out of the powerband, I want that low end power to get me up the rest of it without having to downshift or clutch it.  If you go with to big of a carb, your going to choke the low end.

i dont even know what your name is anymore, yer like prince with the symbol for a name but i agree 100% a buddy threw 33's on his mild mx port and his bike rode like a decent blaster and was lifeless at low end and bogged up to about 7500rpm, then kicked in, still weak though, i would think you need a fat exhaust port for all that fuel/air

Flatslides provide better throttle response.

I was under the impression that flat slides yield more power, but you LOSE throttle response. With a round slide you have throttle response, but lose a slight amount of power.... I don't know. Someone please correct me if I am wrong..... And if possible, show proof. Call me "doubting Boony" or something. It's just what sticks in my head...... :unsure:

well Jim really opened the cylinders up. I went out this weekend only going up 3 jet sies and changing to toomy needles and I was way to lean...Ended up putting the largest jets in for my stock carbs that I had 370's and I think I can still go with larger jets! Also switched form 25s mains to 32.5s.

I can see that the stock carbs don't seem to be big enough for maximum power, it feels as if the motor wants to pull even more still..Much faster than before though, can't wait to try out those 33mm carbs.

Many places told me Im crazy for even purchasing 370's with any port job, but hey it looks like I needed them after all. I have a feeling it will be the same way with these carbs.

;)

Flatslides provide better throttle response.

I was under the impression that flat slides yield more power, but you LOSE throttle response. With a round slide you have throttle response, but lose a slight amount of power.... I don't know. Someone please correct me if I am wrong..... And if possible, show proof. Call me "doubting Boony" or something. It's just what sticks in my head...... :unsure:

From what was explained to me, the flatsides provide better low end and less top, but it doesn't make sense... Why would draggers want flat slides...........can someone clear this up???? <_<

Thanks Blue Duece, I contacted Demonspeeding1. Justintoxicated!..370's and may need more?...gee, sounds as if that 12 port engine processes fuel at a alarming rate!..LMAO...enjoy...Jim

From the text I've read the flat slides do provide better throttle response and Keihin indicates that as well on their websight. Personally, I have experienced the same thing. As for all out top end power? It seems to me that a WOT is a WOT. Both carbs have round venturis and the slide is completely out of the way at WOT. It would seem to me that CFM ratings would be comparable at WOT. As for large carbs vs. smaller carbs, I can appreciate the fact that some guys like that right off idle lugging ability, like a Banshee has alot of that to begin with! Its just most of the guys I run into are looking for that blistering acceleration and top end at the expense of a little bottom end. If you like to chug around, go with the small stuff, if you want real G-force, on a ported motor anyway, you better give it some more carb, unless ofcourse you are running a really mild(yeah, I feel an increase?)type of porting arrangement. Strokers will take bigger carbs no problem if ported correctly and you can have your cake and eat it to...Jim

you can have your cake and eat it to

Well, I don't eat sweets, but I want a helping of this cake. Wait a minute, I want the whole damned thing!!! One of them big triple decker wedding style cakes!!! The HUGE ones!!! And, well, you know the rest Jim. I will be in touch with you again when the time comes...... :D