Re-amping a 2000 Banshee

Well several months ago my 2000 banshee had an air leak on the pto side crank seal and without knowing this it apparantly got worse on the trails one day and while trying to limp it home she overheated and cooked the RH cylinder, bent the connecting rod and so on so forth the story goes. I've been buying parts from folks here and there over the past few weeks, btw thanks to everyone I have bought from you have all been a pleasure to deal with. Anyhow, I decided yesterday that if I am going to do this I am going to do it right and so I am stripping the frame today and I am going to jump upon the monster energy band wagon. I've already looked into paints, made my decisions and am going to try this one out. It will be a big change from the old silver frame covered with a rattle can cover up. To compliment the new paint scheme I am also pulling the trigger on building a stock cylinder 4mil stroker that will give me enough power to play.  I will post pictures along the way! Thanks to all for reading.

This is the color green I want to spray the frame and some accents.

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/mediumlarge/sum-up313_w_ml.jpg?rep=False

Im excited about this project. I should be able to get started stripping the frame on tuesday or so. That way ill be ready to wipe her down and start spraying not long there after. I got access to a sand blaster so hubs and whatnot should be a breeze to clean up.

Edited by JohnnyBoy1986

This is the color green I want to spray the frame and some accents.

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/mediumlarge/sum-up313_w_ml.jpg?rep=False

Im excited about this project. I should be able to get started stripping the frame on tuesday or so. That way ill be ready to wipe her down and start spraying not long there after. I got access to a sand blaster so hubs and whatnot should be a breeze to clean up.

LIke the man said.... Jump start. Haha it's pretty close.

Well here they are PICS!! First off are some pics of just the frame stripped and then some of light sanding. I dont have any pics of bare metal because I was excited  and started wiping down and shooting primer lol. I think it turned out great! Let me know what you all think!

20130705_123828.jpg

20130705_162409.jpg

20130709_161854.jpg

Im proud of the way this has turned out for my first time spraying acrylic urethane. 2 coats flat black epoxy primer, 2 coats paint, 3 coats clear. We'll see how durable it is when we take her out! It may not be powder coat but at least I will be able to pressure wash this setup unlike most rattle can jobs.

Overall cost of paint and materials so far isnt bad. Its just under $200. I already had the spray gun. I will be doing the a arms and other little odds and ends here shortly. Got alot tonight to get into primer - hubs, tie rods, brake shields, etc.

Edited by JohnnyBoy1986