People with 421 servals

zach45

I'm looking for people with FIRST hand experience here..

I would like to know what kind of Riding you do, and what your water temps are..

Also what's your setup(pipes carbs jetting and portwork )

Thanks in advance

Edited by zach45

1. Riding : Dune/some play dragging

2. Infared shows max of 180* on cyl in various spots., usually less

3. Setup : Redline ported 4mm Serval (90HP/50TQ dyno sheets in thread) CPI inframes, 39pwk/ 168M/DEL needle/55P

*Note: this is not a ported "Serval" that has been turned into a Cub. The ports haven't been raised up,so it still has the broad power of a Serval. Hopefully that describes the power delivery for you. Also dyno sheets provided.

My riding style is alot of tight trails with some wide open spurts

My setup is

stock cast ports

Pro circuits

28 pwk 155-55. I have to drop a size on my pilot

My domes were cut by cam.. Not sure the specs on them..

Yesterday was around 90 degrees out and my water temp was staying at 212-215ish... One point it got up to 231..

I run a trail tech TTY temp gauge, and my bike never showed any of the symptoms of overheating.. It didnt piss any antifreeze out or sputter.. She ran good all day for me. I never had a temp gauge on any of my bikes so that all I could pay attention to yesterday..

Why not!

As long as it is a motor designed to burn it. Compression and timing are titties!

No they are not.

You must have gone to the same internet engine school as Harry over at Trinity Racing.....

Jacking compression and timing (more often than not) will just increase heat. These are not car engines. These are "Resonant motors". We're not building twin cylinder pipe bombs here......

Servals come set up for pump gas.

Testing showed they don't like a lot of timing.

You can modify them to be completely different....but if you wanted a motor so high strung that it needs 114.....why would you have gone with the Serval?

What is the compression ratio on this motor?

Then why is he running 114?

Running octane that high in a motor set-up for pump gas is actually lowering his power.....