front tire opinion

EZ2FLEE

I think it depends on the type of sand that you are riding and where and rider prference.

I run both Mowhawks and Dual Rib Sand Stars.

I found for the sand at St. Anthony that my Sand Stars were too responsive and too quick steering.  Like I was cornering on rails they are so responsive.  I prefer my Mowhawks for their lightweight as well as smoother and more predictable steering response in that type of sand.  The sand at St. Anthony seems to be courser and heavier.

When I ride in Oregon at Winchester and Florence I found that I prefer the Sand Stars.  The sand there seems to be finer and almost softer or fluffier when it is dry.  I found that my Mowhawks allow the front end to push too much and the steering repsone is slow.

I have mohawks right now, and I had sand stars all around on my last bike. Here's my opinion. I think sand star fronts are much better front tires and would work better with haulers since haulers tend to push in a straight line. That being said, I think the mohawks or smoothies look better and are much lighter. My favorite tire combo was the full set of sand stars. I have too much power now for them, but they were great tires.

I have mohawks right now, and I had sand stars all around on my last bike. Here's my opinion. I think sand star fronts are much better front tires and would work better with haulers since haulers tend to push in a straight line. That being said, I think the mohawks or smoothies look better and are much lighter. My favorite tire combo was the full set of sand stars. I have too much power now for them, but they were great tires.

This!!

I have all around sandstars. Up top, the rear tires just give out. The fronts are great. I'm going with play cut padla brats this season once I get my pennies together