Need help with alky PWK carbs

get the synch and idle/ off idle performance really close.  it should only take 1 -2 "whacks" on the throttle to clean out and rev nice.  then set main and PJ.  tune to your plugs and what the motor wants. if your needle, slow, and idle performance is shitty how are you supposed to tune the main and top end ( pj) and be consistent??  this is the problem i see a lot of the times.   

dont get to heavy on the main.  they can suck the bowls dry faster and cause false PJ opening tune setups. ( if that makes sense)

at least you found the air leak!

The pj lines are 1/8". They are regular clippard style pj's. ok ill start with the pilot jets. which way would i turn the air screw to lean it out? how far can i safely go in/out before i need to change jet size? Right now it wont idle even with the idle screws all the way in. I synced the carbs and made sure the slides bottomed all the way out.

I think you can go 1 turn open from cloaed on the pj. Make a pass and check the plus. Did you ever see where timing is set?

Out on airscrew leans it, no more than 3 turns and then go to smaller pilot.

remember what your builder said! Haha

You need much smaller mains probably and start over. .125 is huge. Prolly need like a .118 and you may find much of your tuning problems like needle , pilot go away. If it wont come out of the hole its usually pilot, needle which are effecteda ton by a huge mainjet. Then tune the top from there , start at .118 mainjet and PJs opened up. Then tune pj by plug burn.

I beleive thats the actual size in inches.

adding timing usually needs more fuel. If your timing is set low then adding will help some with your richness. I dont think you have any plug reading with the gas n go technique adopted by randy. Haha