Which Tranny Oil?

Banshee0028

Anyone else heard of this?

I hear that using regular automotive trany oil will eventualy wear down your clutch and tranny because it lacks an additive that 2-stroke tranny oil contains.

I am thinking about using Motul transoil 10w30 since 10w30 is actually what Yamaha recommends, and Motul is a Good brand! Is there any diff in Motul transoil 10w30 and regualr Castrol 10w30 motor oil?

:rolleyes:

I have tried Mobil one synthetic oil 5-30 and it was great while it was cold, but as soon as it got up to operating temp....poppin out of gear, can't find neutral, doesn't shift as smooth.....so I switched back to regular motor oil, it was a little better, so I started changing it every ride....after about the fifth oil change, I could say it was almost back to normal.that was on my last bike, now that I have a new Banshee, I won't make that same mistake...all of the locals here in my town recommend Mobil one synthetic ATF...

and change it about once a season...I may try that after it is broke in a bit more.

good luck as said before there are hundreds of options.and opinions