Rad shoots out coolant first kick.

My banshee has a chariot cool head, I was driving this weekend and it started heating up to around 250F it usually runs at 150, when I got back I checked the rad and it was half empty.. When I filled it up and gave it a kick water shot out ov the rad about 3feet . Checked compression one was 15 below normal.. When I you'll it apart there was no damage or cracks in the cylinders or head .. I fig it was my orings but they looked fine.. No peices missing..and nothing looks warped??

I took off the cover and the impeller looks fine, I didn't take it out tho, it's the coolant shooting out ov the rad 3 ft is the problem. I don't have the new orings yet but was wondering if the orings could have got so hot that they could have melted so they wouldn't seal good? Can u get pressure from your head in your rad from your impeller???

unless they re some cheap material, they shouldnt melt. like lilstvn said, something seems way wrong. running 180F, maybe just a fluke. running 250F, you know you have problems. you might not know if everything is fine unless you tear the motor apart, but if you think everythings ok with the motor just by eye, ride on. dont complain to me when something major happens though

If u read the problem isn't overheating the problem is From overheating .I overheated because I had low fluid. I have no overflow bottle.. Also my entire top end is off and apart.. I don't know how I could check anything better unless bringing it to a machine shop to verify nothing is warped..

unless they re some cheap material, they shouldnt melt. like lilstvn said, something seems way wrong. running 180F, maybe just a fluke. running 250F, you know you have problems. you might not know if everything is fine unless you tear the motor apart, but if you think everythings ok with the motor just by eye, ride on. dont complain to me when something major happens though

no one would complain to you. You give stupid advice.
  • Like 1

no but it could have caused the overheating that hurt something else.

it has to be getting cylinder pressure in the cooling system to shoot out coolant like that. pressure check the cooling system again.

Just did a presure test ov the system with the head off, by plugging head inlet and outlet hose and the on that goes into the top of the head, pumped it to 13lbs , then to 40 by plugging the rad overflow . No leaks at all, problem Has to be in top end.. But I couldn't c a head seal to fail that bad..

I don't think any one is complaining to you about minor problems, so what makes you think they would complain to you about any major situation? I like that you're here, but your knowledge is mostly outdated hearsay and you have come to this forum giving the most rediculous suggestions/solutions/scenarios many of have heard in a long while. Please do a little bit more reading before trying to educate others.