New Parts

Here are the new parts I ordered for my build, cannot wait for them to get here next week!!!!

All parts were ordered from F.A.S.T., great guys!

1) Toomey T-5 Pipes (small blem by head on inside, size of a dime-ish, and 10/1000 deep)

2) Polished Billet Clamps

3) Cascade Chrome Hangers

4) TORS Removal (previous owner just raised the slides to get it to idle, not cool)

5) Jets (27.5 pilot and 320 main)

6) 2-Ambush 21x7x10 fronts and 2-Ambush 20x11x9 rears

7) Pro Design water pump impeller

8) Water pump seal

9) Plastic Water pump gear (weak spot if I NEED something to break)

10) Stock Carb rebuild kits

11) Ratio-Rite cup

12) Cross-Over tube

13) Throttle cable (mine has a twist throttle, need to get rid of it. Hit me up if you've got a thumb to get rid of :)     )

14) Neutral Switch O-ring

15) Tranny output seal

Bike will be getting ported by him this winter, do not want to wait to ride it anymore!!!!!

Thanks for reading, Brad. 

(P.S.- Leave me any recommendations you think I should do next)

You have to pound the water pump bearing out to get the seal out, so I would replace the bearing. You also need a clutch cover gasket and a water tube O ring.

You should also replace the shift shaft seal on the left side as long as you're in there. They are prone to leaking.

A few other items every Banshee owner should have. Clymer manual, flywheel puller, carb sync tool, and build yourself a leakdown tester.

You have to pound the water pump bearing out to get the seal out, so I would replace the bearing. You also need a clutch cover gasket and a water tube O ring.

You should also replace the shift shaft seal on the left side as long as you're in there. They are prone to leaking.

A few other items every Banshee owner should have. Clymer manual, flywheel puller, carb sync tool, and build yourself a leakdown tester.

When I say water pump seal, I am talking the one on the outside. 

I have a clutch cover gasket and all the o-rings for the water tube. 

My shift shaft seal looks good and I am borrowing a friend's leak down tester. 

Flywheel Puller: I own an auto shop so I just used one for a harmonic balancer...............

When I say water pump seal, I am talking the one on the outside. 

I have a clutch cover gasket and all the o-rings for the water tube. 

My shift shaft seal looks good and I am borrowing a friend's leak down tester. 

Flywheel Puller: I own an auto shop so I just used one for a harmonic balancer...............

So, you mean the water pump gasket?

Noooooooo on the harmonic balancer puller. It will destroy the flywheel. You need an ATV/motorcycle puller.

So, you mean the water pump gasket?

Noooooooo on the harmonic balancer puller. It will destroy the flywheel. You need an ATV/motorcycle puller.

Both I guess. I'm having a shop make sure my trans and bottem end are sound. So far I was told I only needed the neutral o ring and output seal.

I ordered a new water pumo gasket AND seal. Can the water pump be changed while the two halves are together? My sides (clutch cover and other side) are not installed.

Edited by Spanks906

F.A.S.T has my whole motor right now. I'm building a 10mil serval. You'll have a blast when you get it all together !

I want to build a 4mill cub for trails!!

I've got the t5 pioes in the way so I'm set there! Or I could go to cpi inframes

Both I guess. I'm having a shop make sure my trans and bottem end are sound. So far I was told I only needed the neutral o ring and output seal.

I ordered a new water pumo gasket AND seal. Can the water pump be changed while the two halves are together? My sides (clutch cover and other side) are not installed.

The water pump impeller is in the clutch cover. The clutch cover has to be off to change the impeller, gear, bearing, or seal.

The water pump impeller is in the clutch cover. The clutch cover has to be off to change the impeller, gear, bearing, or seal.

Perfect.. I'm a motor nub when it comes to these bikes.

Now my dads 67' grand prix convertible I can do in my sleep!

Thanks for the help, Brad.

the jaw style pullers will bend the flywheels if you use them to pull off the flywheel.  another thing I would mention to buy is a decent range of jets if you plan on using the stock carbs.

Your jetting sounds like your gonna be rich......The only power adders that I see on your list is the T-5s....which would put you more around a 270ish main jet range. 

Also look into getting a different air filter setup such as pods (if you tend to avoid mud/water).....and also a timing plate (or you can modify your stock one to run your timing up to +4 for added grunt)

The cub motor may seem like something youd want on the trails but im pretty sure they don't tend to run so great on pump fuels

the jaw style pullers will bend the flywheels if you use them to pull off the flywheel. another thing I would mention to buy is a decent range of jets if you plan on using the stock carbs.

Your jetting sounds like your gonna be rich......The only power adders that I see on your list is the T-5s....which would put you more around a 270ish main jet range.

Ill wait and see if she's rich, if so ill order some.

I'd rather have it a little rich than lean. More oil helps er live longer lol.

Also look into getting a different air filter setup such as pods (if you tend to avoid mud/water).....and also a timing plate (or you can modify your stock one to run your timing up to +4 for added grunt)

The cub motor may seem like something youd want on the trails but im pretty sure they don't tend to run so great on pump fuels