Kind Of Music

What is your favorite kind of music?  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that is pretty damn kool u had 4 of those bands in ur studio mind telling which 4? but any ways about the Kurt Cobain i didnt mean she her self killed him but i do beleive that she had someone kill him and here are the following reasons i think this. If u have evered watched the documentary on IFC on kurt here is wut it says 1: He had to much herion in his system at the time to even be able to pick up the gun to shoot himself 2: There was a guy from a small underground band that said that she confronted him about killing kurt and one month later that same guy was killed "quicidence" (cant spell) 3 he was goning to leave her and she was gonna lose all of his money 4 She has a long history of violence even since she was a child 5 even her on father said that he believe that she had sumthing to do with his death.

There are a few more small thing just cant think of them off the top of my head.

The 2 things that have me convinced is the fact that the autopsy says he had to much herion in his system. And the fucker who said that she offered him money to kill him and he was kill a month later. also dude u seemed a lil pissed or sumthing man wasnt trying to start shit just stating my opinion.

ive seen guys shoot up a cocktail, then wiff a 1/4 ounce of coke, drink a pint of Jack Daniels, the whole time with a joint in there mouth, while playing guitar, the coroner woulda pronounced any of them dead, after the shot to their arm, youd be surprised what you can do with 500 bucks worth of powder in your veins, ol curt had clinical depression, the fucker coulda hit the lottery that morning and still blown his head off, he shoulda done a line of zoloft, herion is a pretty deep dark hole, if youd ever seen anyone on the shit youd know just what im talking about....

ya i am not disagreeing that he was a depressed has hell and i am not saying he wasnt he sucidal but i am saying that i think he didnt kill himself that day but who knows the only way to truely know was to be there o well either way we all lost a great musician :( o and yes i do know someone who is addicted to herion and is now currently getting help

im a kurt cobain\nirvana fan too. That guy could write some really deep shit and had one hellava powerful voice. Nirvana Unplugged was pure genius. Herion is soo damn bad, once you start shootin, your days are numbered :( Iv heard the high is soooooo damn good on herion. crystal meth is another super hard drug that no one in the right mind should try. Dudes hooked on meth are also doomed. Physical addiction with both drugs is so strong. Im also a big Jerry Garcia fan, mostly cause I play guitar and I love Jerrys riffs. Jerry was another loss to herion :(

Back to the main subject, I like music that features the guitar.

Led Zep and Jimmy Page are great.

I might get some slack for this one, but I like the Grateful Dead too. Jerry Garcia can play the guitar just like a ringin' a bell.

I like the old 80's Ozzy stuff, when Randy Rhodes played for him, and Jake Lee rocked too.

Im also into Rage against the Machine, they're another great guitar riff band.

Metallica's Kirk Hammet was another influence on me, there's nothing like jammin' out to old skool Metallica power chords like Seek And Destroy or Whiplash. "Kill em All" and "Garage Days" two of my favorite albums.

Joe Satriani can play some mean guitar, taught Hammet for awile too. Surfin' with the Alien is prolly his best album. BTW, Satriani's music is all guitar instrumentals. "Always with You, Always with Me" is a great song for guitar players to jam with.

I like a band called Phish. Another hippy jam band with goofy lyrics, but thier lead guitar is outstanding. All four band members are masters at thier instruments. They're another great band for guys who play guitar. They'll have 4 minute long guitar solos in every song, and that fucker wont miss a note. Outstanding at times. Best seen live. "run like an antelope" and "inlaw josie whales" are two good guitar songs every guitar player will appreciate. both tunes are instrumentals.

I like Pink Floyd, espcially "the wall" album. I can play the entire "wall" album on the guitar. Well atleast I used to be able too :rolleyes: ... I forgot alot of it.

Back in the late 80's I was big into the thrash bands. Bands like DRI and Nuclear Assult. Suicidal Tendencies and Slayer. Id also listen to MOD and SOD, everyone loves those two oldies, there's nothin like Billy Milano and MOD to get you in a good mood. I could quote 100 great MOD lyrics. Gotta love lines like "please dont feed the fuckin bears" and "thats what you get for swallowing another man's load".

I like a few Stevie Ray Vaughn jams. His "rude mood" and "pride and Joy" songs are classics. Guitar players will love his 12 string version of Rude Mood.

im a kurt cobain\nirvana fan too. That guy could write some really deep shit and had one hellava powerful voice. Nirvana Unplugged was pure genius.  Herion is soo damn bad, once you start shootin, your days are numbered :(  Iv heard the high is soooooo damn good on herion. crystal meth is another super hard drug that no one in the right mind should try.  Dudes hooked on meth are also doomed. Physical addiction with both drugs is so strong.  Im also a big Jerry Garcia fan, mostly cause I play guitar and I love Jerrys riffs.  Jerry was another loss to herion :( 

Back to the main subject, I like music that features the guitar. 

Led Zep and Jimmy Page are great. 

I might get some slack for this one, but I like the Grateful Dead too. Jerry Garcia can play the guitar just like a ringin' a bell.

I like the old 80's Ozzy stuff, when Randy Rhodes played for him, and Jake Lee rocked too. 

Im also into Rage against the Machine, they're another great guitar riff band.

Metallica's Kirk Hammet was another influence on me, there's nothing like jammin' out to old skool Metallica power chords like Seek And Destroy or Whiplash. "Kill em All" and "Garage Days" two of my favorite albums.

Joe Satriani can play some mean guitar, taught Hammet for awile too. Surfin' with the Alien is prolly his best album. BTW, Satriani's music is all guitar instrumentals.  "Always with You, Always with Me" is a great song for guitar players to jam with.

I like a band called Phish. Another hippy jam band with goofy lyrics, but thier lead guitar is outstanding. All four band members are masters at thier instruments. They're another great band for guys who play guitar.  They'll have 4 minute long guitar solos in every song, and that fucker wont miss a note. Outstanding at times. Best seen live. "run like an antelope" and "inlaw josie whales" are two good guitar songs every guitar player will appreciate.  both tunes are instrumentals.

I like Pink Floyd, espcially "the wall" album. I can play the entire "wall" album on the guitar.  Well atleast I used to be able too :rolleyes: ...  I forgot alot of it.

Back in the late 80's I was big into the thrash bands.  Bands like DRI and Nuclear Assult. Suicidal Tendencies and Slayer.  Id also listen to MOD and SOD, everyone loves those two oldies, there's nothin like Billy Milano and MOD to get you in a good mood.  I could quote 100 great MOD lyrics. Gotta love lines like "please dont feed the fuckin bears" and "thats what you get for swallowing another man's load".

I like a few Stevie Ray Vaughn jams. His "rude mood" and "pride and Joy" songs are classics.  Guitar players will love his 12 string version of Rude Mood.

Meat ever listen to older Larry Carlton stuff or Al Di meola? bands like Return to Forever, Lee Ritinour. Alan Holdsworth, if you ever get a chance to hear Lary Carlton play "point it up" or "room 335" he just sizzles, 32 second note 5 minute runs all scales and phrases, Larry dont hammer his notes thats for sure, best tone out a fender twin or mesa boogie ive ever heard, just jaw droping solo's..... ive been a drummer my whole life but guitar is my favorite instrument.....dope has taken out countless great artists, its ironic that even if the dope doesnt get them something else does, unless they quit somehow, the great duane allman shot up constantly only to crash his bike and die, dope is just a curse if you ask me, but some guys like Jerry were able to pioneer the music industry on the crap, the only drag is after a while you cant get out of bed with out a fix let alone perform or write music, thank god heavy dope has mellowed in the music biz, i havent seen any body sniff anything in a while, weed and booze seem to still be popular.......

nirvana, and kurt being the head of the band, changed the face of music forever, and he didnt kill himseld, read about the sucide, some things dont make sense, The last lines of his suicide not are in diffrent had writing, and the ending says i loev your courtney, what he just change his handwriting, thats just one example, i dunno, amybe he did, id say courntney did it, noone would expect it, or try her for it, and saying i wanted to be like him, i meant like get big, i play guitar and hes a big idole for me, besides the H and him having to be buried with no head, but hell we gotta die some how

nirvana, and kurt being the head of the band, changed the face of music forever, and he didnt kill himseld, read about the sucide, some things dont make sense, The last lines of his suicide not are in diffrent had writing, and the ending says i loev your courtney, what he just change his handwriting, thats just one example, i dunno, amybe he did, id say courntney did it, noone would expect it, or try her for it, and saying i wanted to be like him, i meant like get big, i play guitar and hes a big idole for me, besides the H and him having to be buried with no head, but hell we gotta die some how

o ya i forgot to mention that part about how the forsenic people said that the last part of the note was not in his handwriting glad i am not the only one who beleives he was murdered.

Also ya europe has some really kickass metal bands ecspecially around swenden and norway area