blew an o-ring in cool head

Im going to venture a guess and say i blew an o ring on my right cylinder since i shoot coolant about 5ft out the right pipe. Im ordering an o ring kit early.this week from noss performance. These hard to put in? Im assuming not but it would be nice to know if there is any tips or tricks i need to know before i tear into it.

good to know. Are all the kits the same? I chose noss for 1. My head brand is noss, which im assuming doesnt matter much.

And 2. The o ring kit looks more complete for like $23.

Im assuming i only need the main ones, but ill replace them all if im in there.

And what would cause a blown o ring? do they just wear out?

It may have been. Kind of what im leaning towards. Not for long but long enough. I stupidly mixed a little 87 octane with my 93 to top off my tank and i dont think the bike agreed with it. My fault but it got a little hot. But only for a few minutes. Checked everything else out and all looks good. So im hoping the new o rings help.

Will running a little lower octane gas make it over heat? it was about 1 gallon of 87 to 2 and a half of 93. But all i know is i learned my lesson. Doesnt matter how bad i want to ride, absolutely no 87. Lol

It may have been. Kind of what im leaning towards. Not for long but long enough. I stupidly mixed a little 87 octane with my 93 to top off my tank and i dont think the bike agreed with it. My fault but it got a little hot. But only for a few minutes. Checked everything else out and all looks good. So im hoping the new o rings help.

Will running a little lower octane gas make it over heat? it was about 1 gallon of 87 to 2 and a half of 93. But all i know is i learned my lesson. Doesnt matter how bad i want to ride, absolutely no 87. Lol

Either way it was operator error and i know it was my fault. Im just damn glad and happy its just o rings. It started idling funny so i parked it and checked everything. A little coolant in the cylinder but no physical damage. So i let it cool down and started her back up and it was spraying out the right pipe. So i figured it was me being an idiot. But no more shitty gas for me. Whether it was over heating or bad detonation.

On a related note (and i know this isnt great either) can i run a little octane booster just to bump it up for this tank or should i just drain it and start fresh?

just drain it. Your talking 12 bucks of fuel, no need to take a chance. Use it in your mower or dump it in your car

I agree, but don't dump it in your car if it has an O2 sensor. (Fuel injected) Some may get away with doing it, but it's probably not good for the O2 sensor.