394 Stroker Top Speed Problems

rg97

I kinda doubt it, he lived in a slightly crowded part of the town next to me (like 40 ft between houses) and he said rode it on the road a lot, unless he took it somewhere woody to ride, but he didnt have a trailer either. Some people are just plain stupid.

Hey deadbeat you should buy a '14 banshee and post pics! At least go to the dealer and take a look. They still make em in australia. I think thats the only place now that canada has stopped production

lol there is a brand newy at the local yamaha, its 2010 colour scheme, at $9000 sticker price i think i`ll pass  on that and keep my beater, i`m not sure but think the`ve stopped bringing them in now...its all 4pokes

The end of an era... Correct me if Im wrong, but i thought Australia was the last to make em. I guess its more of a prestige "i have a New banshee" feeling. The basic design hasn't changed since 89.

lol japan makes`em and after the US stopped importing them United Arab Emirates, Australia and whatever countries that dont give a fuck about the minimal impact these machines have on the enviroment...made it worth while to keep production going for a few more years ;)

Well i found out what my problem is. I decided to take my front sprocket off to change it from a 14t (stock) to a 15t. Turns out the PO had a 12t on it. I don't know why he would want that much accel with no top speed. Anyone know why he would be running that small? Well anyways Im going for a 15t front, just hoping it will fit in my case saver. When it comes ill do another speed test

I run a 12 and love it.. I do run tight trails and hardly hit 6th.. Thinking bout going up one but love the bottom end..I got the razr2s 22" with 10" rear rims. Was told the 10" rims would help reduce the over all weight..

I agree, but if you had 19" tires on the back would you run it? my PO is turning into a real idiot. When I first got it (with the bad crank seal= smoking right side) he thought that the crank was where the clutch was. He literally pointed to the big round part of the clutch case and said "Well the cranks there all you need to do is replace the seal" Turns out when his buddy 'tried' to fix the seal, he just jammed it halfway in without splitting the cases.

I had the 12 on before I changed tires and yes it was really short then.. The bigger tires def changed it.. I wasn't looking for top speed just bottom end.. All my buddies with 4 strokes were amazed when I had to stop mid hill cause I hit a rut and I pulled me of the path. They all thought I would have to turn it around on the hill and try again so the all started moving from the bottom of the hill... Nope gave her a couple revs and off I went..

I can see why he would want accel when racing, but no doubt when he was topping out, other people were going a lot faster. like I said, though, this guy was a real idiot.

And the clearance you gain from 22'a is real sexy for trails.. No more rut humping for me ;)

What tires are you running?