Banshees In Genereal

hey i've been wanting a banshee for some time now. i've ridden them before,and they are quite a ride. well this weekend im going to trade my 400ex for a banshee. its and 02 and engine wise has a fresh motor bored .020 over with wiseco pistons,vforce reed and cages,trinity stage 5 porting, pro design air filter, pro design cool head, and i think thats it. now im a little nervous about making the transition. you cannont argue that hondas just wont die. well this is my third 400ex and i know them in and out like the back of my hand. this is my first banshee. how overwelmed do u think i will be with maintaining it? do u think i might be wrenching more than riding? i really hope i dont regret this. tell me what to look out for and how to keep this banshee in optimal condition. thanks

people say that 2 strokes are harder to maintain. You will be wrenching on a banshee as much as you wrenched on your 400ex. Personally I think 2 strokes are easier to maintain. The banshee is a very reliable quad if you take care of it.

Bud, thats quite a shee your getting. Sounds like an outstanding trade, if its in good shape. Why is he so willing to trade that animal for the Honda? What mods are on the Honda? If they are both in good shape, you made a very wise decision, you will not regret it. As far as maitenance goes its a piece of cake for the Shee. Change the oil, plugs and antifreeze when you get it and clean and sync the carbs and you should be good to go. I am still on my stock topend on my 99 that I bought new and it still runs really strong. Only issue I had was the axle bearings and that took me a few hours. Not a big deal. Good luck. B)

you'll love the shee. i was on this site before i owned a shee and new nothing about them engine wise. now i got one and its modded and i know everything about them. helps that i hang around an engine builder all the time :D but ya, plugs, oil, that type of stuff. i think the only reason why people think that banshees arent reliable is that because they always see drag shees broke down. i dont think there is such a thing as a stock shee. and once you get hooked, you get hooked hard. and if you go full drag, stuff's gonna break. you either be fast, or reliable, not both. but you dont see bolt on shees broke down anymore than the 4 strokes.