needing a little guidance, please

88rover

Last year I bought a 1997 Banshee,black and red.Drove down to Flint, It was dark and there was snow and ice outside. I seemed fast as hell.

The following weekend I took it out to my parents property and it just seemed like it was running funny. The dude I bought it from said it just had a ring job.

the right cylinder was cool to the touch and the left was very hot.

So I tore it down. new ring but too much slop. So I had it bored 20k over bought a set of Vito forged super stock pistons.new ngk plugs,I sent the head out to Mull Engineering and had them work there magic.I bought a D.I.D 530 oring(x) chain. a TM case saver plastic, new Super Sprox 14 tooth front, Vitos 42 rear steel sprockets.K&N filter and air box topper.new grips and hand guards. new ebc pads all around.and a new front bumper. TORS deleted and parking brake eliminator.

I know that huge run on ramble of parts.I have been reading all around this forum, but looking for opinions on making a great trail bike. I mean I want it to be fast and trail able

So shoot me some Ideas please

other things I looking at are Mull's water pump gear and shift star and detent bearing, lastly a Clark extended tank .

so please fire away guysP1000754.jpg

depending on how wide the trails around you are should decide how wide you want to make it. also if you really want some good power you gotta dish out a good amount of coin. seeing as you basically have a stock motor there is a bunch of cheaper priced mods you can do. however i would make it a 10 mil if i was gonna do up a bike. it will have so much more torque and power depending on what setup you go with.  call cam at redline racing. he will point you in the right direction. im not sure if your ready for a 10mil though if you think your bike is really fast already... some good advise i can give you is spend the extra money that you really dont want to at first and get it done right the first time around. you'll be happy that you did and will save $ in the long run

Where did you order your parts? If the guy recommended a 530 chain.....id have my doubts about ordering anything from there again as im pretty sure they use a 520 chain. 

either way.....set of pipes, port job, coolhead/noss head with domes cut for the port job, pancake bearing, water pump gear, seal kit, flywheel puller, clutch holder, torque wrench and a clymers manual.  And then some aftermarket suspension.....NOT THE YFZ450 SHOCKS......get shit that was meant for the banshee. 

I ride in Michigan here and love the power I have with my setup.

Ok i have bought a fly wheel puller clymers manual, .

ok what is a 10mi? I had it bored over 20 thousands so i guess its a 64.5 and as for heads I had mull do the job is cool headsbetter? I want to be fast but trail ride able.

I have been looking at pipes, but there are so damn may choices? is one better than another for trail riding?

Im up in Traverse City, so I will be going to gaylord or Cadillac, or Kalkaska to ride or parents property.

So can I not use a 530 chain ? i did google it and there were some people that use them and other  say 520 ? what does this board suggest? 

Ok i have bought a fly wheel puller clymers manual, .

ok what is a 10mi? I had it bored over 20 thousands so i guess its a 64.5 and as for heads I had mull do the job is cool headsbetter? I want to be fast but trail ride able.

I have been looking at pipes, but there are so damn may choices? is one better than another for trail riding?

Im up in Traverse City, so I will be going to gaylord or Cadillac, or Kalkaska to ride or parents property.

So can I not use a 530 chain ? i did google it and there were some people that use them and other  say 520 ? what does this board suggest? 

Not sure on your chain but Paul Turners are a good woods pipe and even Pro Circuits or FMF. I run PT Mids on mine and i like them.

Make sure you rejet that bike with bigger jets.

Your going to need 27.5 pilots and the mains will need to go up a bit. (those Vito's pistons add 7hp but they also need more fuel.)

Get some FMF FATTY'S with the turbine core silencers so you'll have the spark arrestors in place for trails and dunes. Since your starting out....do the front wheel mod to widen the bike.

(you remove you valvestem, insert it in backwards so tall part faces in, then drill new hole on other side of rim and install a new valvestem.) now you can install front rims on backwards and the offset change will widen the bike almost the same as A-arms would. Get a good wider axle and your set. Great starter bike for trails. Keep your eyes open for site members selling Works shocks. They are a great affordable upgrade.

That 530 chain is robbing power from you.

When you went to a 530 chain did you switch to 530 sprockets?

I really have no clue I have not installed the chain or sprockets yet its been my winter build, and yes I might of missed a few key points when ordering.ie not researching first.