Single Carb

Over and over and over you hear Trinity and Chariot 2 into 1 intakes choke off the flow. Bull!!!! Ours (Chariot) are opened up more than Trinity. Our opening starts at 32.5mm x 35mm and that is an area of 1137.5 square mm. If you use a 38 mm carb which is the biggest carb anyone suggests using on a 2 into 1 bike the sq is 1133.54.

Where or where is the choking? Choking, CHoking, Choking, CHOKING, choking, chooooking, chking. Where is the chooking, choling, choking?

It is not like this is a hidden compartment in the intake and can not be measured by everyone and anyone. Grab a scale and measure it.

People do not have to like our 2 into 1 intakes but a little truth would be nice.

Cordially and sincerely,

Jerry

By the way happy Good Friday to all and to all a good night. Going to the buffet to gorge on crappy food. By the way the shearer two into one pipes were awesome. We have two of them on shop bikes and you can not ask for a better grunt and performance outside of drag pipes. We also have a fmf fattie on a shop bike all with two into one intakes and that one runs well also. It simply does not touch the shearer two into one though.

Uncordially but still sincerely,

Jerry

Jerry.......who is bashing Chariot?

I'm not. Am I missing something here?

Trinity's offering puts the carb so close to the reeds that the "path" leading to the reeds had very hard angles.

I haven't used a Chariot because I have had great success with the Graydon design. But Graydon isn't in production any more.

All the Chariot products I've seen look very nice.

Who's throwing Chariot under the bus? Is it happening in the shoutbox....cause I'm not sering it here?......

John,

No, you are not bashing chariot.   Your responses to these threads never bother me at all.   You, more than most stick to what is known or experienced or proven by yourself.   There is no "real" bashing of our 2 into 1 intakes by anyone but each time in these threads they are either described as junk, gimmicks, choking flow by some (not you though).   I try not to be defensive but reply when these terms are used.  They come from someone who uses and purchases Chariot products and he does not mean to be bashing.  I just believe that he groups this intake with others of the same style and that is not correct.  I believe I addressed in this design the biggest flaw (restriction).   This time I thought it prudent to point out that our's is more open than Trinity's although they look almost identical and I gave measurements.   I was hesitant because I did not want to be seen as bashing Trinity.   I wanted to make the point that if someone has found OUR intake to be JUNK then they would have to give reasons other than it is choking the flow or a gimmick or junk.  Those terms are not descriptive of our intake asthetically, experientially, or physically.  

John,

You are a very valued customer and my rant was in no way directed at you or any of your comments.   It wasn't directed at those who describe our intake with disdain but simply directed at the faulty assumptions about our intake.  

Jerry

Chariot makes nice parts, and are in Dryden... I will always support a MI. company... Period...

Uhh windy..,,, the Kinsler stuff he's referring to is nitro methane stuff. I don't think you can really get EFI to hold up to that shit......

Oh I guess he had clarified that sorry

Yeah, I'm aware. I've been into drag racing since birth. Keith Black was a family friend. My Basement is decorated with Warren Johnson's rear drag rims with Kurt Johnson's tires mounted to them and I use them as end tables. 

My 85 Cutlass has Digital Fuel injection, Vortex J-Trim Supercharger, OLDS DRCE block, Twin nitros tanks.....yeah I've been to a dance of two. But I don't use any of that experience to justify an opinion. I have actually done dyno testing with 1 carb vs. 2 and KNOW what I'm discussing.

I was just pointing out that 100% of the Ego- enforcing he was spewing had nothing to do with 2-strokes (He's a resume guy. He'll tell you everything he's ever done in life before you even know his last name. New guy to the site, so I guess he's got to flex his manhood.) :yank:

None if it is relevant, let alone prove a point as to how or why a single carb on a Banshee works. Now he's backpedaling. 

NOTE: Zillaguy - Try just reading for a while. Since your into antique dirtbikes and Quadzillas, and didn't join this site until just recently, I'll assume your new to Banshees.  Maybe they have beaten you often.  ;) Now if you would like to post up some video of a mechanically injected Banshee....feel free.

Let's not confuse Zillafreak with Zillaguy. Zillafreak has been here for a while and knows enough to be worth listening to. Carry on...... :D

What the hell would you want my last name for you want to take me on a date or something? Get over it dude, your wrong! Seems your the one back peddling...

LOL. Your going to need some stronger combacks than that if your going to hang here.

Over and over and over you hear Trinity and Chariot 2 into 1 intakes choke off the flow. Bull!!!! Ours (Chariot) are opened up more than Trinity. Our opening starts at 32.5mm x 35mm and that is an area of 1137.5 square mm. If you use a 38 mm carb which is the biggest carb anyone suggests using on a 2 into 1 bike the sq is 1133.54.

Where or where is the choking? Choking, CHoking, Choking, CHOKING, choking, chooooking, chking. Where is the chooking, choling, choking?

It is not like this is a hidden compartment in the intake and can not be measured by everyone and anyone. Grab a scale and measure it.

People do not have to like our 2 into 1 intakes but a little truth would be nice.

Cordially and sincerely,

Jerry

Sorry, I've seen your manifold on a bike hit the dyno and then the guy tried the exciter manifold. Needless to say, yes it performed better then yours. I love your products but I have to admit that the idea of a Billit low profile 2/1 is just not so hot. Not a fan of the harsh angles. I run several chariot parts and always will. But I don't think I'll reccomend that intake to any one knowing there are better choices.

I run the chariot, and love it. Your really only feeding one cylinder at a time, the way I see it. Maybe you sacrifice a little top end idk. I only trail ride so I'm not really concerned. It's really just a matter of personal preference. I'm sure the carb gets a little taxed at high rpm, but there seems to be a million different set ups that work for people. To each their own.

Sorry, I've seen your manifold on a bike hit the dyno and then the guy tried the exciter manifold. Needless to say, yes it performed better then yours. I love your products but I have to admit that the idea of a Billit low profile 2/1 is just not so hot. Not a fan of the harsh angles. I run several chariot parts and always will. But I don't think I'll reccomend that intake to any one knowing there are better choices.

I think this is a fairer assessment. I only get bothered when "chokes" off the flow is used because I spent a fair deal of time making sure to get the openings correct so it would not choke off the flow.