lightened flywheel

I heard somewhere that they can bog a motor down, don't know how true that is though.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

They say that since its less rotating weight it revs quicker, but it can't hold the rpms say out of the turn. So the motor can slow down easier because there's less rotating mass keeping it going. I didn't notice anything going from a stock to a cut.

Eventually those lightened ones all explode and frag everything in your side cover. The stock ones stretch and grow as your riding. The lightened ones develop stress cracks where the material goes from stock thickness to the cut thinner areas and sooner or later fail.

I could see using them in a form of riding where bike speed stays more steady, like circle track or MX (Where your not needing the extra mass to get you going) But in those same forms of racing....your accelerating the eventual failure of the flywheel with the sustained high RPM's.

Just my 2 cents. You can disagree  :shrugani:

same lightened flywheel on my 535 for the last 7 years..  i only like them because the bike revv's easier.  it goes blip blip  instead of bbbblllliiiipp  bbblip   

but thats my .10 cents.