Hi Paul, I'm new to the forums but not new to Banshees by any means so I'll give my two cents on the topic... Oppenheimer said it best when he designed the atom bomb "Complexity is the enemy of reliability". With that being said, in my estimation, any time you add more moving parts etc. you run the risk of failure ie the more link in the chain, the higher the odds one will break. A cub motor is by no means unreliable, in fact I've heard they're very reliable and make great power but there are more moving parts, namely, the power valves on the exhaust ports. On the other hand, stroking a stock cylinder isn't the definite answer either. I've ridden stroker banshee's, Power valved banshees and ported banshees and I can tell you that without a doubt, porting on stock cylinders has given me the best bang for my buck that one could ask for and eliminates the need to buy added parts such as a new crank and rods or modifying your existing ones, if you don't overbore, it doesn't require new pistons and will bring more power gains for the money than stroking will. Is porting the going to bring more power than a power valved motor, probably not, however, a good port will deliver tons of midrange power all the way to the upper range where the banshee, in its stock form lacks. Coupling a good port, with a bit of timing advance will get you more power than you'll know what to do with. Add a few other supporting mods to the mix like a head with smaller domes, a decent set of pipes and proper jetting and you'll have no problems doing 90% of what you need to do! In my opinion, moving into the realm of strokers and cub motors not only costs you a lot more, it also puts you into the insane power category if that's the route you're wanting to take. This is just my 2 cents with my background... Bill

Hi Paul, I'm new to the forums but not new to Banshees by any means so I'll give my two cents on the topic... Oppenheimer said it best when he designed the atom bomb "Complexity is the enemy of reliability". With that being said, in my estimation, any time you add more moving parts etc. you run the risk of failure ie the more link in the chain, the higher the odds one will break. A cub motor is by no means unreliable, in fact I've heard they're very reliable and make great power but there are more moving parts, namely, the power valves on the exhaust ports. On the other hand, stroking a stock cylinder isn't the definite answer either. I've ridden stroker banshee's, Power valved banshees and ported banshees and I can tell you that without a doubt, porting on stock cylinders has given me the best bang for my buck that one could ask for and eliminates the need to buy added parts such as a new crank and rods or modifying your existing ones, if you don't overbore, it doesn't require new pistons and will bring more power gains for the money than stroking will. Is porting the going to bring more power than a power valved motor, probably not, however, a good port will deliver tons of midrange power all the way to the upper range where the banshee, in its stock form lacks. Coupling a good port, with a bit of timing advance will get you more power than you'll know what to do with. Add a few other supporting mods to the mix like a head with smaller domes, a decent set of pipes and proper jetting and you'll have no problems doing 90% of what you need to do! In my opinion, moving into the realm of strokers and cub motors not only costs you a lot more, it also puts you into the insane power category if that's the route you're wanting to take. This is just my 2 cents with my background... Bill

Your $0.02 is a bit off. A Cub has no PV's. You are talking about a regular ol' cheetah. They are two totally different animals. And PV's do not affect reliability if you know not to tune it rich as hell and let them get all goobered up with oil and crud.

Op, if you only wanna spend 2k, port your stockers and get all the right stuff to make it work at top level performance. Then if you ever wanna go farther, you will already have the components needed to work with an aftermarket cylinder and make it perform the way it should. So I agree with bill that porting what you have will give you the best bang for the buck. You could even do a 4mm stroker when you port it and have a really nice reliable motor for your 2k. Really friggin nice.......

Your $0.02 is a bit off. A Cub has no PV's. You are talking about a regular ol' cheetah. They are two totally different animals. And PV's do not affect reliability if you know not to tune it rich as hell and let them get all goobered up with oil and crud.

Op, if you only wanna spend 2k, port your stockers and get all the right stuff to make it work at top level performance. Then if you ever wanna go farther, you will already have the components needed to work with an aftermarket cylinder and make it perform the way it should. So I agree with bill that porting what you have will give you the best bang for the buck. You could even do a 4mm stroker when you port it and have a really nice reliable motor for your 2k. Really friggin nice.......

You're right, I naturally assumed that on a budget of 2,000 dollars, that the Cheetah was the direction he was thinking so thanks for the correction...